Cretex Production Laborer in West Des Moines, Iowa
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.6 billion in 2019. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a General Laborer to join our Des Moines, IA team. General production laborer operates a variety of equipment and performs all types of construction and maintenance related work in the manufacturing and production process of concrete products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operation of light, medium and heavy equipment including fork truck, front end loader and bobcat.
- Operation of various hand operated tools related to construction work.
- Maintains equipment and performs daily inspections of equipment.
- Sets up forms in the manufacturing production process of concrete products.
- Places steel reinforcing in forms in the manufacturing production process.
- Places concrete into forms.
- Tears down forms after the concrete is cured.
- Cleans and lubricates forms to be used in the manufacturing production process.
- Places covers and positions steam lines for curing process.
- Must be able to follow all appropriate safety practices.
* HOURS OF WORK:*
- 8 hour shift typically. Overtime as required and may include Saturday work.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB: (including but not limited to)
- Steel toe boots (above the ankle)
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Hard hat
- Pants full length
- Dust particle mask
* EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB: (including but not limited to)*
- Heavy concrete vibrator
- Light concrete vibrator
- Large socket wrench
- Twister hand operated
- Mechanical twister
- Various hand tools
- Fork trucks
- Frontend loader
- Various components of concrete forms
- 8' stepladder
- Vibrator cart
- Drott crane
- Steel mesh clips
- Two-wheeled hand cart for the movement of hole forms
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Majority of work is performed outside.
- Lighting: natural lighting, supplemental lighting as needed.
- Space: outdoor work in open environment.
- Temperature: seasonal extremes of hot and cold are encountered.
- Flooring: primarily concrete and gravel; snow, ice or mud may be encountered.
- Noise: continuous noise levels of 80 DB, may be higher on occasion.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes: competitive pay, vacation, ten paid holidays, 401k plan with company match and contribution, medical, health reimbursement account (HRA), flex plan, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Start/End Date: 08-Apr-2021 to 07-Jun-2021 (EST)
Department: Forterra Pipe & Precast - West Des Moines
Location: West Des Moines, IA, USA
Employment Type: Full Time