BH Management Services Inc. Assistant Maintenance Supervisor - Aspire Townhomes in West Des Moines, Iowa
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
As the Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, you would have a vital role in the community and maintenance staff. You would be responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for the property.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer
- Assists with monitoring of resident satisfaction and ensures follow up on the results by property maintenance staff.
- Responds to resident/management requests and Service Request for occupied apartments as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Uses service request system and schedules to establish priorities. Determines with Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor, requests or emergencies that should be top priority. Monitors the completion of Service Requests in order to limit callbacks.
- Reviews daily work order priorities with the Maintenance Supervisor at the beginning and end of each day.
- Oversee and ensure that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed and documented per BH program guidelines.
- On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc.
- Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property.
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of all property-issued tools.
- This job description does not provide an all-encompassing list of duties, there may be a need to perform other duties as assigned.
Ordering and Maintaining Supplies
- Assists with ordering supplies and managing maintenance budget with approval from Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Works with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor with input from maintenance staff, determine supplies and equipment needs. Must get approval from Property Manager prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- Available as needed to pick up supplies and inventory items from approved vendors.
- Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
On-Call and Emergencies
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responds to resident service requests within 24 hours.
- Assists with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, snow removal, freezes, etc.
- High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
- A minimum of one year or more of progressive maintenance and safety experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning
- Strongly preferred that candidate have at least one year of experience with a construction background including, but not limited to: foundations, framing, roofing, plumbing and electrical
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
Work Schedule: Will normally work a Monday-Friday schedule with rotating weekends; (hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property)
- (3) Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/ Vision
- 401K + match
- Education reimbursement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Location: Aspire Townhomes
# of openings: 1