VIVA USA Inc IT Business Analyst in Waterloo, Iowa
Req Ref No: JNIAIB6 Location: Waterloo, IA Duration: 36.5 months
Partners with operational areas to translate high level business requirements into detailed business/process functional specifications in order to implement a technological solution for projects or processes of low to medium complexity. (Process map is an example of a functional specification). May also perform system configuration of low to medium complexity, system testing, end user training, and end user support for the processes after implementation. The complexity of work should be viewed relative to the highest degree of complexity of work across the enterprise; therefore; not all units or divisions will have work that is of highest complexity.
- Degree of application integration, data integration, process integration.
- Complexity of the application, hardware, and/or network environments.
- Impact of failure vs. success (inconvenience vs. loss of business/minor process improvement to breakthrough opportunity).
- Degree to which innovation is required vs. relatively linear expansion or enhancement of existing functionality.
- Complexity of data environment (use of existing data with little new data integration required to very complex data requirements and integration).
- Degree of investment required (dollars, resources, time).
- Extent of impact of project or process (departmental vs. unit vs. SBU vs. enterprise, for ex.)
- Extent to which project or process depends on tight integration (of data, processes, environments, etc.).
- Variety that needs to be accommodated (of channels supported, of types of businesses, of product lines, of geographic or legal variances, of stakeholder interests, etc.)
- Number of business processes impacted (OFP, PDP,CAP/CSP, etc.).
Researches, analyzes and documents business requirements for developing or enhancing systems of low to medium complexity. Facilitates understanding of both the business and Information Technology (IT) to ensure business decisions meet the business requirements as well as facilitate business decision meetings to keep projects moving forward. Serves as a liaison between the business, Information Technology (IT), and vendors (where appropriate), as technological solutions are identified to satisfy business requirements. Applies appropriate system development methodology to lead project teams toward definition and implementation of new process/solution. Maintains a strong and collaborative relationship with the business and IT and serves as a strong advocate of the new/enhanced process or solution through various methods of communication to the organization. Participates in unit and integration testing or works closely with the testing team to ensure understanding of business requirements in order to ensure process/system is thoroughly tested. Supports business in developing and delivering end user training. Addresses end user process questions for processes that have been implemented, provides process/system break/fix support, and implements process/system enhancements of low to medium complexity.
Specific Position Requirements
As a Data Wrangler you will efficiently retrieve internal and external data and ensure that source data is accurate, meaningful and valid for use in analytics and reporting. This level combines 2-3 sources of structured data with a consistent identifier. In addition, you will;
• Identify ways to develop sustainable data provisioning solutions • Address quality issues for data sets by identifying the root cause and potential solutions • Update or develop dashboards • Support efforts to close data quality gaps by meeting data training needs within the business • Work under some supervision
Proven Technical Skills and Experiences
• Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with demonstrated leadership skills that thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment • Proficiency in at least one programming language, experience with multiple (e.g. R, SAS, Python, SQL) • Experience in working with large volumes of data • Ability to synthesize, report, and visualize data make observations and/or recommendations
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies • Experience building predictive or prescriptive models • Knowledge of economics or statistics • Knowledge of the markets and business in which client competes • Knowledge of client products, services, and channels • Ability to influence without authority
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Business/Management, Accounting/Finance or a related discipline; equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree - Open to recent grad candidates.
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.