Jack Links Secondary Operations Manager - Kitting & Repack in Underwood, Iowa
Secondary Operations Manager - Kitting & RepackinUnderwood, IAatJack Link's
ApplyNot ready to Apply?
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks began with treasured family recipes passed from generation to generation, transforming a small North Woods business into one of the fastest-growing meat snack manufacturers in the world. Over the years, as consumer demand for convenient, high-quality snack foods increased, so has the company’s product offerings. Today Jack Link’s is the fastest-growing meat snack manufacturer in the world, and sells more than 100 different meat snack products in more than 40 countries. The Link family principles and traditions remain the same: hard work, integrity and a commitment to earn consumer respect by delivering the best-tasting meat snacks in the world.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for multi-location and multi-shift Secondary Operations function that executes final packaging and configuration of products across Jack Link’s product portfolio. Responsible for department performance, safety, housekeeping, policy administration, employee relations, cost control and problem solving.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the overall activities of Secondary Operations Production Team area within the secondary manufacturing network.
• Responsible for implementing policies and procedures and assuring employees understand and comply with all GMPs, SOP's, and Safety, guidelines by providing oversight of staff training, task execution, and documentation.
• Establish and report KPI's for Secondary Operations on quality, food safety, customer service and financial reporting. Develop and execute strategies to improve performance. Conduct regular Operational Improvement reviews with network facilities to improve production efficiency and reduce production cost.
• Serve as the primary function for obtaining operational savings within Secondary Operations network and ensure that savings are tracking according to expectations through validation to implementation.
• Responsible for ensuring employee training is in place and executed on prior to task assignment.
• Communicates with employees to assure understanding of key quality and safety topics and alignment of employees on daily production targets.
• Verifies that staff are safely and compliantly executing against scheduled production, including routine monitoring of critical processes, protocols and documentation to ensure accuracy, detail, appropriate corrections, etc.
• Works collaboratively with other functions to execute critical activities (i.e., Supply Chain partners, Plants, Materials, Maintenance) to resolve issues impacting quality, throughput, and to drive improvement in quality, safety, and efficiency of facilities, equipment, processes, procedures.
• Responsible for assuring maximized utilization of resources (including highlighting opportunities for improvement) and labor management.
• Engages in and facilitates departmental/team meetings, and conducts regularly scheduled 1:1 meetings with subordinates.
• Checks product quality, usage, waste, and product counts, to assure performance and attainment.
• Supervise direct report to ensure requirements and measures of performance of those positions are met.
• Interview, hire and manage quality supply chain staff.
• Provides continuous feedback to employees regarding their job performance.
• Counsel’s employee’s on work performance-related issues and determines appropriate corrective action in accordance with company policy and procedures.
• Develop and maintain a positive, motivated work team. Be a model on meeting customer needs (internal and external).
• Train and orient new/existing employees to ensure they understand their jobs and Jack Link's policies.
• Enforce company policies and take corrective action when needed.
• Fully support Lean Manufacturing principles in Jack Link’s operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain or related field of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• 7+ years of manufacturing production environment. Experience must include at least 3 years supervisory or lead experience preferably in a Food Manufacturing / CPG environment with SAP experience preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles.
• Strong interpersonal skills essential to effectively interact with and create shared goals with all functional areas and levels.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding.
• Demonstrated ability to influence in cross-functional situations.
• Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
• Track record of developing and implementing change which positively impacts company performance.
• Travel as necessary with estimated at greater than 20%.
• Candidate must demonstrate integrity and dedication with a positive work attitude and strong work ethic.
Secondary Operations Supervisors
This position is exempt making it ineligible for overtime.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
VEVRAA Federal Contractor