ZCL Composites Quality Control Tester in Tipton, Iowa
Operations and Maintenance
Tipton, IA, USA
ZCL | Xerxes, a division of Shawcor, (Shawcor) is the largest manufacturer of underground fiberglass storage tanks in the world. With nearly 40 years of direct industry expertise, we are recognized as both a leading innovator and a trusted brand. We are always looking to add great people to the Shawcor family, people whose skills and goals match our Mission and Values. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment where integrity and passion drives operational excellence, Shawcor is for you!
Why Choose Shawcor?
- We are deemed an essential service
- Established social distancing practices and additional procedures to maintain a clean and healthy workplace
- We provide personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Competitive starting wage
- Good people know good people--we offer a generous referral bonus
- Challenging career
- Training & development opportunities
- Competitive benefit program
- Incentive compensation program
- 401K matching
- Paid time off
We are currently recruiting a Quality Control Tester (3rd Shift) based in our Tipton (515 West South Street) manufacturing facility. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Quality Control Tester is accountable for testing and inspecting tanks and materials for conformance. The incumbent will execute accountabilities with special attention toward prevention of non-conformance with company quality standards.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Follow company policies and procedures for a safe and healthy work space
- Plans testing schedule, based on shipping and production requirements and schedules
- Performs visual inspections of product, checks for handling damage and other non-conformance to Company standards, and facilitates corrections
- Performs all required tests in accordance with established procedures
- Reports occurrences of a leak or potential leak to the Production Manager.
- Ensure product is built, packaged and loaded during the shipping process.
- Transports completed products to storage area and properly secure to prevent damage
- Operates all hand tools, power tools, material handling equipment and machinery proficiently.
- Maintains the testing area and QC lab clean and free of debris.
- Reports information on process sheets, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Educate production team on quality control issues and work with departmental managers to improve overall company safety and product quality.
- Other activities as required to support the production process
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in similar role
- Previous experience conducting quality control measurements, tests and inspections
- Knowledgeable of the Company’s raw materials, components and manufacturing process, preferred
- Ability to identify, evaluate and describe defects in-process products
- Understanding of basic geometry combined with strong mathematics and blueprint reading
- Basic computer skills including an understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good understanding of the English language including verbal, written, and reading skills
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to learn how to operate necessary tools and equipment, including forklift and related machinery
- Proven team player with a strong work ethic, and a high sense of values, principles and integrity
- Comfortable working in a plant environment
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces when required
- Ability to meet physical requirements including lifting up to 20-50 lbs., bending, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shawcor is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: October 8, 2020