ZCL Composites General Laborer (1st Shift) in Tipton, Iowa
*ABOUT ZCL | XERXES *
For three decades, Xerxes, a ZCL Company, has been an industry leader in the design, manufacture and sale of high-quality, cost-effective fiberglass storage tanks for the petroleum, water/wastewater and chemical markets. A growing list of customers in each of these markets relies on Xerxes' extensive experience and innovative leadership in the development and fabrication of fiberglass storage tanks.
Xerxes is currently accepting resumes for the role of* General Laborer (1st Shift), for our *Tipton, IA (*515 West South Street*) manufacturing facility. If you are a motivated worker who wants to work for a respectful employer and be part of a supportive team – ZCL | Xerxes is the place for you!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the General Laborer (1st Shift) is accountable for assisting in the preparation and assembly of our Fiberglass products. This position is skilled entry level position with training and development opportunities for advancement.
DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist with the operation of machines and equipment or using hand tools to cut, shape, splice and fit fiberglass materials
- Assist with cutting and preparing composite materials from patterns to join parts and assemblies
- Provide assistance in the assembly area to help manufacture ZCL tanks, accessories, and related products
- Utilize equipment to complete job duties including spray gun, grinder, and trimmer
- Assist with general facility clean up
- Other activities as required to support the production process
- Grade 12 diploma is preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- General related experience or previous experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment is preferred
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and drawings is an asset
- Good understanding of the English language including verbal, written, and reading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work as part of a team
- Ability to learn new tools and equipment
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fiberglass plant environment
- Ability to work at heights and within confined spaces when required
- Ability to work 1st Shift, Mon-Fri: 5:00am - 2:30pm, including overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements including lifting up to 20-50 lbs., bending, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
WHAT WE OFFER
We are an equal opportunity employer that truly values each employee. In addition to offering a competitive wage based on your skills and qualifications, you will also be supported with the following benefits:
- Challenging career with opportunities for advancement
- Group benefits package
- Incentive compensation program
- 401k matching
- Training and development opportunities through ZCL University
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ZCL | Xerxes is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: May 24, 2018