Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Maintenance Manager in Superior, Iowa
Superior, IA, USA
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of the leading producers of ethanol in the world. Through our adjacent businesses we are focused on the production of high-protein feed ingredients and export growth opportunities.
Maintenance Manager - Superior, IA
Job Summary:The Maintenance Manager will directly supervise all maintenance staff, plan and implement scheduled and unscheduled work, maintain service records and is responsible to minimize plant downtime through efficient planning of turnaround work and implementation of predictive maintenance programs.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and support maintenance personnel to achieve completion of workload along with scheduling daily tasks and work orders.
- Assemble and maintain a spare parts inventory.
- Maintain requests for parts, part replacements and inventory.
- Respond to plant emergencies 24/7.
- Take immediate action when plant goes down.
- Follow and enforce plant safety procedures.
- Work with entire staff to accomplish goals safely and effectively delegate job tasks.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the maintenance staff.
- Work with departments to prepare an annual maintenance budget and support any variances.
- Coordinate with Plant Manager scheduled shut downs and maintain an ongoing list of shut down repairs.
- Utilize CPMS to schedule all PM critical and non-critical maintenance tasks.
- Cross train maintenance personnel to handle all areas of maintenance.
- Timely preparation and submission of reports including:
- Review of previous week’s projects
- Overview of current week’s projects.
- Copy of weekly service work on file.
- Total of previous week’s expenditures.
- Estimate of current week’s expenditure.
- Conduct associate evaluations/make recommendations to Plant Manager.
- Facilitate communication between staff and all departments.
- Perform the duties of CPMS Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned to accomplish the safe and timely operation within the plant.
- Experience managing a department/team to achieve desired results (in a maintenance environment).
- Good working knowledge of OSHA Regulations and Safety/Compliance Codes of Practice.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures for pumps, valves, motors and conveyors.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits, 4-20 milliamp instrumentation up to 480 v. and calibration of level, temperature, and pressure transmitters.
- Understanding of PID loops and PLC programming.
- Implementation of a preventative maintenance program.
- Knowledge of a computerized maintenance management system and data entry for work orders, maintenance scheduling, and inventory.
- Able to work well with others and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Exemplify the high standards necessary to accomplish the goals of the company.
*Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Posted: October 16, 2020