Polaris Industries Production Supervisor in Spirit Lake, Iowa
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This person will provide day-to-day; leadership and supervision in the achievement of productivity, schedule attainment, quality and Employee Health Safety programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coach and support area of responsibility
• Daily communication and coordination with teams, other supervisors and departments . Direct work assignments in accordance with the production schedule- plans and organizes activities of the production/assembly line to meet production deadlines.
• Monitor housekeeping (5 pillars) and correct safety issues.
• Ensure compliance to environmental, productivity, quality and health& safety standards.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects
• Prepare and adhere to department budget
• Enforce policies and procedures and apply disciplinary action as needed
• Prepare and maintain production reports and records- taking corrective action when necessary
• Coordinate departmental maintenance and engineering needs • Responsible for inventory analysis
• Order and purchase necessary equipment or materials for assembly or production. Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in BS Mechanical or other technical engineering degree is desired or 3-5 years experience with production supervision.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
2 years of industry experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Outstanding leadership, influence and communication skills Demonstrated ability to lead process improvements in a team environment Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple operations High integrity
WORKING CONDITIONS Fast-paced manufacturing environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
At Polaris, the need for diverse perspectives and experiences enables our vision of Best People, Best Team. We value our differences and align our passions to do great work. As a highly efficient growth company, we are driven to be agile and adaptable to support our customers. At Polaris we unite to create memorable adventures. Learn more at
- Polaris Industries Jobs