Polaris Industries Group Lead in Spirit Lake, Iowa
Assist production supervisor in management of departmental personnel, meeting work schedules and maintaining company costs, quality, and safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recommends hiring and termination of employees.
• Assists supervisor in preparation and monitoring of departmental budget including materials, manpower, equipment, and outside procurement costs.
• Maintain compliance with Company policies, including but not limited to safety rules, attendance policy, etc. This includes making appropriate recommendations on disciplinary actions.
• Direct work assignments per supervisors’ instruction and work schedule.
• Assist supervisor in meeting departmental work schedules and Company quality standards.
• Maintain OSHA compliance and corporate safety standards within department and Company. Assist supervisor in completing Supervisor’s Investigation Reports. Identifies and reports potential safety issues.
• Perform supervisory duties for temporary periods of time, as assigned.
• Assists in resolving production issues and makes recommendations to eliminate future problems.
• Responsible for monitoring and reporting absentee records, labor reporting, overtime approvals, etc.
• Maintain departmental housekeeping per company standards.
Further education in supervisory management and leadership skills required.
• Involved actively in continuous improvement activities.
• Responsible for the accurate inventory of their area.
• Miscellaneous duties as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Two (2) year degree in technical or business field desired.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Good organizational, problem solving, leadership, communication, and people skills.
• Ability to work with little supervision.
US - Spirit Lake, IA
2 year degree preferred
Years of Experience Required
About this location
Spirit Lake, Iowa, population of 4,907 people, is one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities in the Midwest. It is located in the center of the Iowa Great Lakes. Spirit Lake is a full-service city offering a wide variety of recreation, employment and social opportunities to citizens and visitors. Spirit Lake has a vibrant downtown with a variety of retail businesses and an industrial park that provides current employers and potential companies with attractive amenities. Spirit Lake is a great place to raise a family. We have excellent schools and many opportunities for involvement in religious activities, scouting, dance, and art. Children are safe here and can enjoy the quality of life that we all want them to have. Spirit Lake is a rapidly developing city, boasting one of the fastest growing economies in Northwest Iowa.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.