Waste Management Diesel Truck Mechanic - $5000 Sign on Bonus in Sioux City, Iowa
Why Wrench for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
This is a split shift from 10am to 7:30pm
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- /Great Pay (based on experience)/
- /$5,000 Sign-on Bonus/
- Industry-leading health insurance
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- 100% Paid Tuition, Books & Fees for 135 education programs
- Discounted Stock Options
- Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- Non flat-rate shops
An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. As a Diesel Mechanic, you'll perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill with hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics.
What Does It Take to Be a Diesel Mechanic?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
What's the Shop Like?
This shop is modern, clean, organized, and focuses on delivering a high rate of efficiency. If you like working independently, this is the kind of opportunity you're looking for.
What You'll Do
To be successful as a Diesel Mechanic / Technician, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Perform all work within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
- Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles.
- Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
Safety and our Work Environment
Safety is a core value at Waste Management and we have zero tolerance for unsafe actions or conditions. We strive to maintain aclean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures./Reasonable accommodations may be made/to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday
- You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the workday
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
/If this sounds like what you have been looking for, "Apply” today!/
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Title: Diesel Truck Mechanic - $5000 Sign on Bonus
Location: Iowa-Sioux City
Requisition ID: 21009639
- Waste Management Jobs