All Native Group CAD Technician - Sioux City, IA in Sioux City, Iowa
CAD Technician - Sioux City, IA
Sioux City, IA, USA
Monday, April 5, 2021
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is the award-winning economic development corporation owned by the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. Founded in 1994, Ho-Chunk, Inc.’s mission is to drive the socio-economic development of the Winnebago people through a world-class tribally-owned company. Ho-Chunk, Inc. has grown into a diversified corporation with over 1,500 employees from a variety of ethnic backgrounds and skill sets. Ho-Chunk, Inc. operates numerous subsidiaries in a range of industries including federal government contracting, real estate, construction, manufacturing, retail and agriculture. Our award-winning business model reinvests in the Winnebago Tribe among shared priorities of employment, housing, education, youth and elders.
Ho-Chunk Capital , located in Sioux City, Iowa is a real estate investment and management company whose mission is to continue diversifying corporate assets to build wealth for the Winnebago Tribe. Ho-Chunk Capital researches investment opportunities and makes selected investments both from a strategic and geographic standpoint.
Responsibilities include gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements and setting up production methods. Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and familiarity with building processes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Liaise with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs.
· Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials.
· Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used).
· Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software, Autodesk REVIT and Autodesk AutoCAD.
· Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow.
· Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team.
· Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality.
· Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
· Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance.
This position will have no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., evening/weekends as needed.
Will be required travel to other locations to meet with new/existing clients throughout the United States.
· Proven work experience as a CAD technician, BIM manager, or similar role.
· Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software, must know Autodesk REVIT and Autodesk AutoCAD.
· Familiarity with 3D modeling tools.
· Good math skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· BSc in Engineering, Architecture or degree from a technical college.
· Associate degree in related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned.
- Pay Type Salary
- Sioux City, IA, USA
All Native Group
- All Native Group Jobs