Ag Parnters Fleet Supervisor in Sheldon, Iowa
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Under the direction of the Location Lead, plan and coordinate feed delivery personnel and operations in a manner that will optimize the company's market share and savings, improve the company's efficiency, promote safety, help achieve the company's missions and goals, and result in outstanding customer service. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Directs and coordinates logistics/cost management for all feed truck movement in either company owned or contracted haulers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Other duties may be assigned.*
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to Ag Partners safety policies.
- Demonstrates work habits that develop, build and support the team concept within the organization.
- Coordinate feed delivery movements with Location Leader to maintain maximum efficiency and lowest cost.
- Coordinate use of company owned truck fleet with driver supervisor to ensure maximum safe operations and ROI.
- Manage data tracking system.
- Develop and maintain relationships with independent owner operators
- Maintain good open communications with the locations pertaining to logistical needs.
- Utilize available computer programs or tools to effectively manage transportation demands and costs.
- Manage location feed truck drivers, maintains budget, and ensure all feed logistics are executed correctly and efficiently.
- Maintain current knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Maintain current carrier insurance coverage records.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises company feed truck drivers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Supervising includes planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional training in supervisory skills, agronomic background and budgeting desired.
Location: Sheldon, IA - North
Employment duration: Full time