Ag Parnters Feed Mill Supervisor in Sheldon, Iowa
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
To plan and coordinate feed department personnel and operations in a manner that will optimize the company's market share and savings, improve the company's efficiency, promote safety, help achieve the company's missions and goals, and result in outstanding customer service. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Other duties may be assigned.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to Ag Partners' Safety Policy.
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company.
- Demonstrate work habits that develop, build, and support the team concept within the organization.
- Assist in the establishment and communication of department goals with the feed team.
- Monitor employee performance and ensure all employees comply and operate location equipment in a safe manner and safety policies are being followed.
- Maintain quality of mixes above standards set by Ag Partners' feed team.
- Coordinate daily schedule to expedite custom mixing and grinding.
- Ensure equipment is maintained on a regular schedule to avoid breakdowns and anticipate and plan for major overhauls requiring shut - downs.
- Coordinate with delivery team to deliver feed to customers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all incoming shipments are unloaded promptly and a sample is captured with each load done by the production team.
- Support training efforts for personnel and monitor employee performance.
- Share in the accountability/responsibility of monthly inventory.
- Supports other locations as needed.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Maintaining a valid driver’s license is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional training in supervisory skills, agronomic background and budgeting desired.
LOCATION: Ag Partners _ (Sheldon - Feed)_
Location: Sheldon, IA - North
Employment duration: Full time
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately