The Raymond Corporation Welder (3rd shift) - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Under regular supervision. Performs general arc welding, using primarily the Gas Metal Arc Welding ("MIG") process. Jobs are typically repetitive but are often complex in nature. Works on a wide variety of production parts and subweldments. Works in factory setting. Temperatures may be elevated, particularly in the summer months. Required to utilize power and hand tools. Eye, foot, noise, hand and skin protection is required to help shield against dust, sparks, hot objects and arc flash. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts in excess of 15 pounds.
- Operates welding equipment, arc gouging equipment, oxy-fuel torches, jigs, holding fixtures, measuring instruments, personal computer (PC) and hand tools.
- Follows specific work orders and safety procedures in the fabrication of production parts and a wide variety of sub-weldments through general arc welding (primarily "MIG" welding). Work is generally fixtured but occasional hand set up is required.
- Required to clean and or grind own work prior to next operation.
- Conducts visual and dimensional check of own work.
- Uses overhead cranes and lift trucks to move heavy materials.
- Maintains work area, equipment and supplies in neat, organized manner. Uses P.C. to receive work instructions and schedules as well as to provide input on job status.
- Performs related work as assigned.