Berry Global Molding Technician in MUSCATINE, Iowa
Berry Global: Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
To assure that all containers and lids are being manufactured and packaged according to Corporation Quality standards and guidelines in a safe and efficient manner by operating, trouble shooting, documenting and communicating molding conditions.
· Set up machines for operation, change material and color to meet production schedules
· Make appropriate adjustments to machines to affect efficient production levels and document appropriately; respond to QA Techs and SPC charts
· Oversee proper packaging procedures
· Review production schedules and ensure machines are running production to meet customer demands
· Respond to alarms and/or requests for assistance to correct machine malfunctions and/or Packer/Handler problems.
· Use proper Lockout/tag out procedures
· Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Maintenance Departments concerning machine operations and malfunctions
· Assist with Material Handling (Line Driving)
· Understand all duties and responsibilities of the Shift Supervisor in case of absence.
· Inspect scrap and document all production numbers.
· Assure all paperwork is completely filled out on a daily basis; i.e. daily process records, machine cleaning, etc.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned
· Responsible for ensuring safety, quality and housekeeping standards are maintained in the production department.
· Coordinate with the Shift Supervisor and the team leaders the supplies needed for each production run, including returning inventory of unused supplies.
· Be knowledgeable of inventory procedures, following product guidelines
· Know and conduct quick start up and shut down emergency procedures.
· Technical understanding of injection-molding processes and procedures
· High school diploma or GED
· Bend and lift a minimum of 25 pounds safely and repeatedly
· Maintain efficient production levels in a fast paced environment
· Must be able to identify alpha / numeric product codes
· Communicate effectively
· Willing to work in an on hand on environment.
· Must be able to work any shift assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID 2020-7464
Position Type Regular Full Time
- Berry Global Jobs