The Raymond Corporation Manager, TPS & TPR Department - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Generally leads other supervisors, team leaders and individual contributors who are responsible for multiple and/or complex projects related to executing the organization’s TPS or Continuous Improvement strategy.
• Champions Continuous Improvement activities with a focus on measuring, analyzing and improving key performance indicators – safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale.
• Develop methods, practices and procedures in support of Toyota Production System principles and methodologies.
• Partner with other North American Toyota plants to define, execute and measure the organizations Continuous Improvement strategy.
• Establish and execute projects and/or operational teams such that organizational objectives are consistent with the overall business strategy (Hoshin plans).
• Work with management in the establishment of annual goals and objectives for department. Develop and maintain the necessary and appropriate policies, records, documentation, procedures, practices and discipline to effectively and efficiently achieve the objectives of your organization and your commitments to other organizations.
• Must be willing to travel up in support of Toyota North America TPS efforts up to 25% of the time.
• Create and foster a team work atmosphere; solicit ideas from employees in fostering individual and material continuous improvement objectives.
• Provide timely, constructive, and honest performance feedback and appraisals for all employees with emphasis upon results and demonstrated capabilities.
• Initiate action and approve or recommend approval of promotions, merit increases, transfers, leave of absence and other personnel changes.
• Represents the interests of the business in negotiations with other companies