Airgas Usa LLC Maintenance Technician in Muscatine, Iowa
Day Shift M-F
Do you enjoy working on a team that sees you as more than just a number? Does teamwork and driving results attract you? Are steady work schedules and work-life balance something you’ve been missing? If you answered yes to these questions, we may have just the role you are looking for!
Airgas is seeking a Maintenance Technician for one of our 7 Dry Ice facilities. The Maintenance Technician will assist with tasks such as performing equipment repairs and preventive maintenance on production equipment.
/What’s in it for me?/
Airgas offers possible multiple shift times, HMO health plans, 401K and 2 weeks’ vacation as a new employee! Our employees can also take advantage of Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, sick time, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! If you are looking for a full-time permanent position, affordable healthcare, and career growth, we want to talk to you!
/What will I be doing?/
- Performs repairs and installations on all plant production equipment.
- Completes preventive maintenance as assigned.
- Performs equipment inspections to ensure proper operation and safety.
- Communicates repair functions with production supervisors.
- Identifies and communicates safety hazards and quality deficiencies to maintenance management.
- Operates a forklift and/or pallet jack as needed to perform job functions.
- Enters data into maintenance and inventory software systems.
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Clean-up as required including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
- Occasional assistance with production needs.
/*What experience and skills must I possess? */
- Three (3) years experience in a production/manufacturing environment working in a maintenance capacity.
- High degree of technical aptitude and skill to learn the function and repair of plant production equipment.
- Electrical experience is required. Low voltage, 24v dc to 480v ac.
- PLC experience, Allen Bradley Control Logix and Studio 5000 experience preferred.
- Power Flex and Schneider Electric VFD's operation and programming.
- Working around industrial refrigeration compressors including CO2 and NH3 single stage and compound.
- Self-starter able to take direction, problem solves to repair and maintain plant production equipment and systems.
- Good written and verbal skills with basic math skills (add ,subtract, multiply, divide).
- Proficient in data entry and manipulation of maintenance software and inventory systems.
- Able to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Certified industrial refrigeration experience highly desired.
- High School or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Formal training in one or more of the following: General Industrial Maintenance, Hydraulics, Industrial Electrical Systems, PLC Programming, Industrial Refrigeration, Compressors, Pneumatics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Essential job function requires the routine lifting of items weighing at least 50 pounds. Turning wrenches requiring pulling strength. Ability to safely climb ladders and work overhead.
- Function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility. Able to think clearly and troubleshoot during time-sensitive outages.
/What is the work environment like?/
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Wet, oily floors create slipping hazards. Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
- On-call and shift work required.
/Who is Airgas?/
Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country’s largest suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty gases. As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. As the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a series of production plants across the nation to develop a secure source supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic locations throughout the country to provide service to key industries including universities and labs. Quality, reliability, and service are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with organizations who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Maintenance Technician
Requisition ID: 31821