Rose International INC Lab Technician in Muscatine, Iowa
Position Title: Lab Technician
Position Number: 284825
Location: Muscatine, IA
Desired Skill Set:
Chemistry, Lab Tech, Laboratory
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Key information for candidates –
Location: Muscatine IA 52761
Title: Lab Technician
In this role, you will be performing quality control testing on raw materials, in-process material, and finished products using a variety of testing methods and lab instrumentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Perform analysis of raw materials, packaging materials, bulk, intermediate, and finished products using wet chemistry, chromatography, and other testing methods and lab instrumentation
• Perform troubleshooting, calibration, and assigned maintenance of lab instrumentation
• Effectively communicate with lab personnel and other plant employees. Collaborate with internal lab teams to identify and solve testing issues
• Perform lab support duties such as housekeeping, participate in shift meetings, and other duties in accordance with good lab practices
Associates or higher degree in Chemistry, Biology or related scientific field
0 – 3 years of academic or post-education laboratory experience
Skills and Competencies
• Familiarization with wet chemistry techniques to include weighing, pipetting, and dilutions
• Ability to read, interpret, and follow written procedures, analytical testing methods and data, and other job related instructions
• Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong skills in oral and written communication, time and task management, and priority setting
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Understanding of Liquid and Gas Chromatography and other lab processes and instrumentation including chromatography data systems a plus
The Muscatine Central Lab is staffed continuously 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Successful candidates will be assigned to one of three shifts: Days (6:30am to 2:30pm), Evenings (2:30pm to 10:30pm), or nights (10:30pm to 6:30am). Some weekends and overtime will also be required in this role.
This role is in a laboratory environment within a chemical manufacturing facility, and includes working around agricultural chemicals and laboratory equipment. This position requires the ability to stand, sit, and walk between various laboratory stations and equipment as well as the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)