Cargill Utilities Technician - 3rd Shift - Full Time - Mason City, IA in Mason City, Iowa
This is a full-time position is located in Mason City, Iowa. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Protein - Eggs is a leading marketer of high value, further-processed egg products. With four processing facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan, Cargill Protein – Eggs’ customers include premier quick-service restaurant chains as well as food manufacturers. We are dedicated to providing our customers with innovative and distinctive solutions, including refrigerated and frozen liquid eggs, egg patties, omelets, French Toast, and diced and hard cook eggs.
The position is responsible for maintaining plant assets with an emphasis on maintaining the Ammonia and utilities equipment. Plant assets include production equipment and utility equipment. Ammonia system includes but is not limited to compressors, evaporator, condensers, HVAC, and training. Other utility equipment includes but is not limited to: Boilers, Waste Water, CO2, Compressed Air, Natural Gas Systems, and Plant infrastructure items.
6 pm to 6 am – Ability to work/train on varied of shifts, Possible 12 hours/day,
The starting wage is based on skills and experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package available the first of the month following your start date. Which includes 3 tiered Medical plans, dental, vision insurance, employer funded tax-free accounts to help pay for health care expenses. Local incentive program paid bi-annually, 401K + matching program, Paid Time Off, holidays and a variety of wellness incentives.
50% Maintain ammonia refrigeration system and training: Perform daily monitoring of the system through walk arounds and trend graphs. Optimize ammonia operations through the use of the Logix system. Writing and review of task procedures, PM’s and SOP’s for operation of equipment and system. Support in PSM compliance audits. Performing Preventative, Predictive Maintenance, and Reactive Maintenance Strategies as designated through the Utilities Department. Ability to Maintain Certifications.
20% Maintain Plant equipment and other work: Performing Preventative, Predictive and Reactive Maintenance Strategies as designated through the Operational Maintenance Department. Work with Operations Supervisors to promote quality and yield improvements. Cover Vacation and Call ins as needed.
10% Complete necessary documentation related to completion of Work Orders and applicable PSM Elements.
10% Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
10% This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined in the Food Safety Management.
All job duties may be revised by the supervisor when necessary to accommodate business needs. The descriptions are general guidelines of expectations but may not include all responsibilities of the position.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Availability to work outside of normal shift up to including weekend and off shift hours as needed.
• Understanding of Anhydrous Ammonia Refrigeration systems
• Ammonia Refrigeration Systems Certification – Operator Level 1, or the ability to obtain within one year
• Must be able to wear a full face breathing respirator mask
• Must be a part of the Hazmat team
• Strong electrical & mechanical aptitude
• Ability to read & interpret detail blueprints, P&IDs, single-lines, ladder logic and wiring schematics
• Ability to understand and learn water chemistry
• Computer literacy and eagerness to learn SAP/PPE systems
• Maintenance experience in a food processing environment
• Experience with HVAC, Compressed Air, Boiler, and Waste Water Systems
• HVAC System, Boiler, Compressed Air Systems Experience
• Able to effectively use typical test and calibration equipment including , RTD calibrators, digital multi-meters, 4to 20 ma calibration unit , etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot 480 VAC 3-phase motor controls , 120 VAC and 24VDC control circuits,
• Predictive Technology Experience
• Industrial Maintenance experience
• High School or GED Equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs