Cargill Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift - Full Time - Mason City, IA in Mason City, Iowa
This is a full-time position located in Mason City, IA. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Protein - Eggs is a leading marketer of high value, further-processed egg products. With four processing facilities in Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan, Cargill Protein – Eggs’ customers include premier quick-service restaurant chains as well as food manufacturers. We are dedicated to providing our customers with innovative and distinctive solutions, including refrigerated and frozen liquid eggs, egg patties, omelets, French Toast, and diced and hard cook eggs.
The position is responsible for maintaining plant assets with an emphasis on the plants automated manufacturing equipment. Plant Assets includes but is not limited to Positive Displacement Pumps, Centrifugal Pumps, Modulating Air Valves,Chain and Drive Systems, and Robotics. As part of the maintenance team, this position is to provide technical support to maintenance and operations with regard to mechanical, instrumentation, control systems, robotics and auxiliary control systems. This position will require on the job and continued training towards manufacturing equipment.
The scheduled hours for this position iares 7 pm – 3 am, 50 lbs of lifting, Up to 12 Hours/day, including Holidays and weekends. The wages are based off of skills and experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package available the first of the month following your start date. Which includes 3 tiered Medical plans, dental, vision insurance, employer funded tax-free accounts to help pay for health care expenses. Local incentive program paid bi-annually, 401K + matching program, Paid Time Off, holidays and a variety of wellness incentives.
50% Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions of mechanical and electrical equipment using various diagnostic tools. Work with supervisor/production to promote quality and yield improvements in operations. Complete schedule daily work. Provide follow-up to ensure problems are solved. Develop and review maintenance, PM’s and SOP’s for operation of equipment and system integrity. Performing Preventative, Predictive Maintenance, and Reactive Maintenance Strategies as designated through the Maintenance and Operation Departments. Includes assisting with repairs to completion and maintain training certificates.
20% Maintain Plant equipment and other work: Performing Preventative, Predictive and Reactive Maintenance Strategies as designated by Supervisor in the Utilities Area. Cover Vacation and Call ins as needed.
10% Complete necessary documentation related to completion of Work Orders.
10% Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
10% This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined in the Food Safety Management.
All job duties may be revised by the supervisor when necessary to accommodate business needs. The descriptions are general guidelines of expectations but may not include all responsibilities of the position.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to read, write, and speak English.
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be able to read, understand, and follow all applicable safety, PRP, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points and Food Safety Procedures
• Must have good communication skills – reading, verbal, and written
• Positive attitude and the ability to work with others along with problem solving mentality
• 2 years of Maintenance experience or completion of Maintenance Trainee Program at Cargill or completion of technical college degree in related field.
• Ability to read & interpret detail blueprints, single-lines, and wiring schematics
• Possess an extremely strong personal safety philosophy, able to follow all safety policies & procedures, seek out & correct unsafe conditions
• Must have knowledge/understanding of pneumatic/hydraulics
• Basic Understanding of AC/DC Fundamentals
• Previous maintenance experience
• Food manufacturing experience.
• Previous leadership experience.
• Production experience
• Ability to rebuild and repair pump valve cylinders, gear reducers, self-aligning bearings, and other related components
• Work history in the last 12 months
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs