Interface Solutions Inc. Maintenance Person - Grade 1A in Marshalltown, Iowa
Interface Performance Materials (IPM) manufactures and provides advanced materials, sealing solutions, thermal management systems and specialty products to customers worldwide for a range of applications across the heavy-duty diesel, automotive, small engine, industrial and related industries. A rich heritage spanning more than 100 years brings with it a depth of application and industry knowledge that enables Interface to respond quickly to rapid and continuously changing markets with custom materials and products that precisely fit performance, certainty of operation and cost requirements. Global manufacturing excellence, an innovative portfolio, unique validation capabilities and advanced engineering expertise make Interface Performance Materials a strategic source for performance materials and products. IPM is headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Maintenance Person-Grade 1A in our Marshalltown Iowa Parts Plant.The maintenance person performs skilled maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, and other physical structures, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment using testing instrument, hand and power tools and precision measuring instruments. This role also performs preventative maintenance on equipment, paints structures, performs masonry work, repairs plumbing fixtures, building, grounds and wood work, makes repairs to tools and equipment, repairs, maintains and installs electrical systems and fixture and measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit as well as maintains and repairs tools and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repairs equipment, building, grounds.
- Knowledge and use of verbal, written instructions drawing, diagrams, blue prints, and schematics to accomplish tasks.
- Knowledge and use of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical.
- Knowledge and use of welding equipment.
- Research and order parts and components for machines.
- Monthly audit of fire extinguishers.
- Repair and operate fork trucks.
- Diagnose and repair HVAC.
- Knowledge and support of company policies, products and services, Lean
- Manufacturing and 5 S Program.
- Ability to interact with a variety of levels of personnel throughout the facility.
- Knowledge and proficiency skills in computer skills MS Office.
- Participate in kaizen events.
- Record daily activities in CMMS system
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to read, interpret, make recommendations concerning blueprints, schematics and technical drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO/ TS16949 Quality specifications.
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales and manufacturing personnel.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and understanding of design and quality requirements as they relate to components and assemblies.
- Understanding and can apply the principles of lean manufacturing and Kanban systems.
- Understand, administer and support company policies, programs, and initiatives including, but not limited to EEO, Workplace Violence, Harassment Free Workplace, Ethics, ISO, TS16949, Lean Manufacturing and 5 S Programs etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED
5-7 years previous maintenanceexperience light/heavy industrial environment, or equivalent
Pneumatic, hydraulic, welding, and instrumentation experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group.
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to interact with vendors and internal customers
- Data-driven with high reliance on metrics for assessment of performance
We offer a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package.
Your next career challenge awaits you at Interface Performance Materials, Inc.
Posted On: 03/13/2018
Requisition ID: 1070