Syngenta Inventory Distribution Lead in Lone Tree, Iowa
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
Accurate and timely management of the distribution process of products to customers and intercompany transfers. Ensure product quality shipping to customers meets quality specifications and timeliness. Maintains a professional and courteous interaction with customers. Responsible for the dispatch of inventory obsolescence. Foster an operational culture founded on HSE, Quality, and process improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Plant Manager if at Plant, or Regional Production Manager if at a Regional Outsource office, as required in areas of operations/production
- Coordinate and direct scheduling of needed inventory to facilitate the fulfillment of orders on a timely and efficient manor
- Coordinate the defaults, orders and interplant activity
- Coordinate incoming product through delivery confirmation and shipment priorities
- Responsible for finished goods inventory accuracy and warehouse management at site(s) in adherence of company specifications
- Oversees personnel, including contract labor, for warehousing and distribution activities
- Assist with operational and capital budgets for area of responsibility
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of Quality Business Systems and processes, systems and programs for site operations
- Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE, quality, and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Active engagement in Syngenta’s Goal Zero initiative
- Assist in other areas of the office and/or plant as workload requires
- Cross-functional knowledge and participation in plant activities; e.g. conditioning, treating, packaging, rework, and others as assigned by plant management
- Understanding of seed labeling laws, seed certification laws and interstate shipment regulations
- Coordinate activities with NA Logistics Team
- Manage scheduling, warehousing shipping timelines and inventory accuracy
- Insure seed inventories meet demands in terms of quantity and quality
- Assist with the hiring, training and development of employees
Education & Experience:
- BS in Agriculture or Business Management is preferred or equivalent work experience and knowledge considered
- Knowledge of general industry procedures, practices, and terminology
- Excellent communication skills
- PC and business software skills
- Strong agronomic and pest management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environmental/situational needs
- Ability to make timely, effective decisions
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Sets Direction: Communicates with impact- Gains commitment of individuals and stakeholders in a compelling way.
- Drives Results: Focuses on customers - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Manages for performance - Skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to create value and achieve excellence in delivery.
- Liberate Potential: Collaborates across boundaries - Collaborates effectively across organizational and functional boundaries, and leverages diversity.
- Creates Edge: Leads change and holds ambiguity - Uses effective strategies to facilitate organizational change initiatives and overcomes resistance to change.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information: If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
Job: *Seeds Production
Title: Inventory Distribution Lead
Location: Iowa-Lone Tree
Requisition ID: 18002742