Syngenta Health Safety And Environmental Lead in Lone Tree, Iowa
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
The overall purpose of the job is to act as primary Health, Safety, Environment and Security advisor / liaison for the site leadership team. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local Health, Safety, Environment and Security regulations and Syngenta policies and standards. Responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security programs development, implementation and improvement. Add expertise and collaborate with the greater Syngenta Health, Safety, Environment and Security community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure site compliance with federal, state and local HSE&S regulations and Syngenta policies and standards, including security
- Own the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of a comprehensive HSE program and related management systems for site(s)
- Coordinate and risk assess projects impacting HSE, e.g., management of change (i.e. quality changes, process improvements, etc.), new construction, and other initiatives
- Primary point of contact between NA HSE&S Corporate or HSE&S Regulatory Entity and Site(s)
- Lead, influence and own all HSE&S Site(s) Inspections (regulatory or otherwise) through action plan closure
- Facilitate Letter of Assurance and Operational Safety Profile process, communicate significant HSE risks to the business, and oversee action item closure
- Provide HSE&S related guidance and training for all employees, 3rdparty contract employees, trade contractors and visitors Employ HSE&S awareness techniques, including toolbox talks, safety meetings/committees and safety alerts; enhance employee engagement
- Develop, improve and maintain site Intranet information, databases and pertinent records, SAP and other database entry as needed.
- Participate on site incident investigations and lead HSE&S communications regarding incident learning’s
- Participate on cross-functional teams, partner with peers and support all network-wide initiatives
- Assist Manager as required in all areas of operations as it relates to HSE&S principles, including operational and capital budgets, may participate in performance reviews of personnel
- Maintain a strong presence onsite through site walk-throughs, inspections, etc. - expect 40% of time on the plant floor
- A four-year degree required. HSE job experience considered a plus
- Course work in safety or environmental issues preferred
- Knowledge of HSE&S regulations, e.g. OSHA, EPA, DOT
- Ability to interpret legislation as it applies to agri-business
- Ability to organize and conduct a site HSE audit, conduct risk analysis of HSE issues
- A minimum of three years of HSE auditing/management experience
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- Experience in the seed industry preferred
- Familiarity with seed/agricultural operations
- Position requires being able to lift 50 lbs.
- Position requires working 7 days a week during critical time of year
- Position requires travel by vehicle during certain periods of year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Syngenta Contact Information: If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
Job: *Health Safety Environment
Title: Health Safety And Environmental Lead
Location: Iowa-Lone Tree
Requisition ID: 1802211