Michael Foods Predictive Technologies Process Lead in Lenox, Iowa
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food- Where you can enhance your career,_ sharpen your talents and make an impact._
The Predictive Technologies Process Lead requires a high level of mechanical knowledge. Responsible for development, implementation and management of Reliability Centered Maintenance Predictive Technology strategies and failure identification resulting from the technology findings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote, and foster Michael Foods culture, values and principles
- Participate in company functions.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Plant Procedures including wearing required PPE
- Adherence to plant safety, food Safety, sanitation standards, and following all GMP guidelines.
- To improve the safety, reliability, and efficiency of assets through the planning and scheduling process and MRO process application.
- Train, Coach, and Mentor plant technicians using predictive and preventative maintenance techniques and use of predictive technologies
- Work flow management including developing and establishing predictive routes, data collection points on established routes, and generating follow-up work orders to eliminate identified defects.
- Conduct inspection routes and collected data with plant personal and corporate reliability team to ensure follow-ups are completed through work flow management.
- Support continuous improvement exercises in predictive technology processes as per Regional Reliability Specialist direction
- Promotes and incorporates current safety rules and regulations into the reliability processes
- PDM Process lead will be expected to develop a complete knowledge of each plant/department's Preventative , Predictive/Condition Monitoring work load, Priority Standards, Asset Criticality, in order to provide quality support
- Conduct Predictive technology training as necessary through live meeting and/or in person training including developing standard operating and training materials as needed
- Maintains close contact with the other plants to ensure coordination and completion of repairs resulting from predictive technology findings and verify that repairs result in defect elimination
- Work with planners to develop standard work orders (plans) for regularly recurring repair jobs, based on historical experience, to simplify the planning process.
- Develop, initiate, deploy, track, monitor predictive technology process KPI
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCED REQUIRED:**
- AA in Engineering, Operations, or Business Management, or applicable technical knowledge or Trade School required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years' experience in industrial operations, plant operations, maintenance, utilities and/or related field.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office & CMMS System (Preferably SAP)
- Experience in the installation and repair of mechanical equipment required.
- Diagnose and repair of all machinery and process malfunctions, must be fluent in mechanical troubleshooting, electrical troubleshooting a plus.
- Diagnose and repair of all mechanical power transmission equipment. Knowledge of Gear boxes, mechanical drives, variable speed applications, and Servo motors.
- Skilled within specific tolerances using various precision tools; Vernier calipers, depth gauges, dial indicators, etc.
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping diagrams.
- Proficient in knowledge of bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives, and lubricants standards and applications.
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required. Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Good math, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude self-starter.
- Skilled in developing troubleshooting programs and job aids.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Maintain accurate records and data.
- Ability to travel for training and continuous improvement activities
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the responsibilities or duties required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.