Wells Dairy Inc. Logistics Transportation Supervisor - Days in Le Mars, Iowa
We have an opening for a day shift, Logistics Transportation Supervisor. The Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day supervision of assigned teams of employees who perform specific tasks as part of the Logistics operations to include transportation, freezer and warehouse. This individual will be responsible for communicating expectations, managing accountability and delivering desired results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the management, supervision and development of all Wells Enterprises Incorporated drivers which include shag, tanker and relief drivers.
- Oversee and maintain compliance of all DOT regulations. Make certain accurate records are maintained.
- Manage safety programs and awareness among the drivers.
- Authorize truck maintenance. Track all maintenance costs and review all outside bills for accuracy and cost effectiveness.
- Determine replacement equipment needs. Price, negotiate potential cost savings and order equipment and fleet replacement as needed.
- Monitor fuel costs for loaded in and outbound trailers. Manage unit hours to control fuel and service costs.
- Coordinate schedules, vacation requests and ensure coverage of transportation schedules.
- Participate in special projects as needed to ensure strong performance, promote efficiencies and cost effectiveness of transportation operations.
- Administer standards of work to ensure employees consistently, safely and effectively perform assigned tasks and responsibilities in accordance with established SOPs/Standard Work and document as required. Take ownership of the training and qualification process of all direct reports.
- Support and maintain a continuous improvement (CI) culture across assigned work teams; serve as a leader of change. Actively identify opportunities to optimize cost structure in the areas of materials, scheduling, labor, etc. managing daily improvement (MDI).
- Communicate openly and effectively with assigned teams on a regular, frequent basis to ensure awareness and understanding of important information impacting the individual, team or operation.
- Follow and enforce required safety policies, promote and acknowledge safe behavior and appropriately address safety related concerns. Foster peer to peer safety accountability.
- Optimize labor schedules to ensure appropriate coverage in support of attainment goals and labor budget. Work proactively to minimize schedule changes and balance the needs of the operation.
- Develop and build capability of people as individuals and teams through a variety of techniques and tools focused on motivation, teamwork, mentoring and coaching. Drive individual accountability and ownership of results.
- Foster peer to peer accountability in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Experience with frozen foods distribution process
Two years supervisory experience and a college degree to preferred
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational and people skills are required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and the transportation industry is preferred
- Driver CDL is preferred
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2018, 11:35:20 AM
Req ID: 1800000545