Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Material Handler in Lakota, Iowa
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of the largest consolidated owners of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
This position requires accurate and accountable performance of all necessary duties to ensure safe and efficient operations in the plant facility.
Job Summary: Operate and maintain machinery and equipment necessary in the loading and unloading of ethanol, wet & dry distillers and corn. Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following.
- Inspect grain received to ensure that it meets company standards.
- Weighing in/out of all trucks to the proper location for loading/unloading within the plant compound.
- Timely loading/unloading of all ethanol, distiller’s grains and other products by railcar and truck.
- Proper completion of all records related to the products loaded for shipment from the plant site.
- Submit work requests when appropriate
- Housekeeping as related, but not limited to the cleanliness and orderly organization of all areas that pertain to your duties.
- Keep current on the status of all operating equipment.
- Maintain rolling stock to include loaders, track mobile, skid steer, fuel loader by checking fluid levels, greasing, lubricating and re-fueling.
- Inspect loaders, track mobile, etc. for defects, cracks, breaks, tires, etc. according to the designated schedule issued by maintenance and document the inspection results.
- Grease and check oil levels on all rolling stock equipment at the designated schedule issued by maintenance and document the inspection results.
- Properly document any accidents and/or injuries.
- Keep the plant in a “Tour Ready” condition at all times.
- Frequent communications with the Grain Grader and operations department.
- Other duties as may be assigned to accomplish the safe and timely operations within the plant
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work well with others and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift/move up to 60 lbs.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to work in and around conditions which may be dusty, contain high noise levels and regularly exposed to outside weather conditions year round.
- Exemplify the high standards necessary to accomplish the goals of the company.
- Must have a willingness to learn the duties of and step in from time to time for the Grain Grade
All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Requisition Number: 18-0181
Post Date: 8/1/2018
Title: Material Handler
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: TBD