Geater Machining & Manufacturing, Co. Machining Drill Press /Utility- 1st or 2nd Shift in Independence, Iowa
The basic function of the Utility Operator is to set up and operate drill press, hand punch, rollers, punch press, timesaver, fladder, floppy wheel, shear and other special purpose machines to fabricate or deburr metallic and non-metallic parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Set up and operate machines listed above.
- Fabricate and/or modify parts to meet customer requirements.
- Study blueprints, supplemental drawings, specifications, or in some cases, a sample part, to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting or punching tools, attachments, and accessories needed to perform required functions on machines.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate repeatability of processes.
- Observe machine operation to detect malfunctions and adjust machine controls as required.
- Verify conformance of finished work pieces to specifications and blue prints by use of appropriate measuring devices.
- Accurately fill out work order routers with correct quantity of good parts and scrap parts.
- Communicate and confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve any problems that may arise.
- Create the best product possible with no defects to help maintain a high standard of quality.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Six months to one year related experience and/or training
Why Work at GMM?
Maybe you want a change. Maybe you want more of a challenge. Maybe there is uncertainty. Maybe you just want an opportunity. Does any of this sound familiar? If so, we at GMM have just the opportunity for you!
We build parts used in a variety of military application and have been continous growth over the years with no end in sight. The challenge... we need motivated and skilled people like you who want to work hard to be part of a team that is proud of what they do... protect the lives of those who protect us
What do we have to offer?
- Minimum Starting Wage $15/hr, plus $3 off shift premium or $5 weekend premium
- Weekend Shift- 36 hour work week
- Various openings
- Growth opportunities
- Challenging and interesting work
- Paid Time Off- starting at a rate of 2 weeks per year!
- Quality Bonuses
- 401K Company Match
- Profit Sharing
Job Start/End Date: 18-Dec-2017 to 16-Nov-2018 (CST)
Location: Independence, IA, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: 3 Openings