Stellar Industries Inc IT Manager - Infrastructure & Support - Garner in Garner, Iowa
At Stellar Industries, a premier manufacturer of hydraulic truck-mounted equipment, you will be part of a team that is building the future of Stellar Industries. Stellar Industries is proud to be headquartered in the Heartland where it has designed and Manufactured its products for nearly 30 years. Through the use of a continually growing product line and an expanding distributor network, its products have gained an international presence and have become the number one choice in many of the markets it serves. Stellar is also very proud to be an employee owned ESOP company that employs hard-working, dedicated people such as you.
The IT Manager - Infrastructure & Support’s role is to ensure streamlined operation of the infrastructure and support team in alignment with the business objectives of the organization, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
The IT Manager provides guidance and leadership to the IT department and its technicians, and directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues. In conjunction with the Chief Information Officer, the position ensures that the computing and networking resources meet the organization’s current and future needs.
Strategy & Planning
• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
• Collaborate with business units and teammates to identify, prioritize, plan, and implement continuous service improvement opportunities and advise on technologies that may improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Works with CIO to develop and execute the infrastructure strategy and roadmap.
• Participate in IT Department operational and strategic planning.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
• Research and evaluate new technology; make recommendations for hardware and software acquisitions.
• Participate in financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Oversee end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
• Establish and report on Key Performance Indicators and other metrics.
• Create and maintain documentation regarding the organization's information infrastructure, standards and projects.
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions. Provide technical leadership.
• Strong technical knowledge of network hardware, security, protocols and standards as well as PC operating systems.
• Knowledge of server virtualization; experience with VMware ESXi/VSphere is desirable
• Familiarity with installation, debugging, and replacement of current generation server hardware and storage area networks.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• Familiarity with concepts of data management, remote backup, data replication and disaster recovery planning.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in an information technology related discipline, such as information technology, computer science, or management information systems or the equivalent experience.
• At least 8 years of relevant technical experience in a similarly sized environment.
• At least 3 years management experience within an IT environment.
• Network +, Security + and / or CCNA desired
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
• In-depth expertise in the management of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange.
• Experience with cloud migrations and operating in a hybrid cloud model.
Job ID: 2021-1122
External Company Name: Stellar Industries, Inc
Street: 190 State St
Shift: 1st Shift