Stellar Industries Inc Information Technology Intern - Garner in Garner, Iowa
The Information Technology Intern works closely with Information Technology Leadership and other IT employees on various Information Technology tasks and projects. The responsibilities of the Information Technology Intern vary based on assignments and department needs. At Stellar Industries, Inc. we strive to provide interns with an understanding of information technology functions in a manufacturing organization as well as opportunity to apply what has been learned in the classroom in a dynamic business setting.
· Provide end user support – both face-to-face and remote.
· Assist with troubleshooting both hardware & software issues.
· Utilize help desk to respond to support requests and document resolution of issues.
· Provide user training for hardware and software.
· Assist with installation of PC hardware and software.
· Assist with testing of software and other project related duties as assigned.
· Assist with network and hardware troubleshooting.
· Assist with performing preventative maintenance and upgrades on servers.
· Research and perform work on special projects as assigned.
· Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
· Organize and maintain IT resources.
· Take direction on assignments and then work autonomously or with appropriate team(s) to accomplish assignment objectives.
· Complete assignments or projects in a timely, effective and confidential manner.
· Actively meet and speak with Information Technology employees to learn the various aspects and responsibilities of their jobs.
· PC applications including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office suite
· Strong technical skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Ability to work well in teams
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail
· Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
· Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary.
· Ability to follow established procedures.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and/or Experience Preferred
· Two-year trade school degree with/or pursuing majoring in Computer Science, Industrial System Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related IT discipline.
· Minimum 3.0 GPA.
Stellar Industries, Inc. offers a paid internship.
Stellar Industries, Inc. has had tremendous success hiring our interns upon their graduation. As an intern at Stellar Industries, Inc., you will acquire general information technology skills and understanding of manufacturing capabilities, along with real world experience.
Job ID: 2021-1093
Street: 190 State St
Shift: 1st Shift