Valero Manager Grains Procurement - Ethanol Plant in FORT DODGE, Iowa
Responsible for the grains origination program at ethanol production plant by performing the following duties while supporting the goals and objectives of the commodities group and the Company.
- Purchases corn supply as required from producers and grain elevators in accordance with guidelines provided.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with area producers, marketing groups, and elevators and effectively communicates local market intelligence with broader Valero grain team.
- Supervises the Commodities Assistant or Grain Procurement Representative positions.
- Determines appropriate cash contracts for the region.
- Manages grain purchase position as well as truck logistics with suppliers and plant inventory levels to meet plant demand and in accordance with inventory and rotation guidelines.
- Enters purchase contracts into accounting system and maintains and manages grain records and documentation in compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Works with accounting department as required to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments to producers and elevators.
- Works with plant shipping and receiving department to ensure efficient receiving process, manage grain quality with a focus on a high level of customer service.
- Communicates grain purchasing and pricing to the corporate hedge group in an effectively and timely manner.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
* Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in business or related field required. * Ten years purchasing experience in an agriculture, grain, or manufacturing sector required. * Experience providing customer service to farmers, grain elevator personnel, and truck drivers preferred. * Supervisory experience preferred. About Valero Renewables – Fort Dodge
Valero's Fort Dodge ethanol plant is located near Fort Dodge, Iowa, just less than 100 miles northwest of Des Moines. The bio-refinery sits on 270 acres and started ethanol production in October 2005. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Fort Dodge plant annually processes approximately 48 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs more than 70 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans. *LI-LP1
Job: Marketing %26 Supply/Wholesale/Trading/Transportation
Primary Location: US-IA-Fort Dodge
Job Posting: Feb 15, 2021, 2:43:12 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 20001GL
- Valero Jobs