Cambridge Investment Research Administrative Specialist in Fairfield Business Park, Iowa
Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a national leader as a securities broker/dealer, has an opening in Technology for a Administrative Specialist. The Administrative Specialist works under the direction of the Tech Administrative Supervisor and provides administrative and technical support for the Technology department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile data and provide various reports including BEST standard reporting
• Provide customer service, through professional and courteous directing of inquiries (inbound phone, voice mail, e-mail and in-person), provide general company information, and serve as a liaison for associates as the first point of contact for the department
• Prepare and maintain the work environment including scheduling conference rooms, and ensuring necessary supplies are available, working with facilities when needed
• Process invoices, check requests, credit card usage to ensure on-time payments; record all payments in actual budgets. Ensure accurate categorization of all expenses and process in accordance with Cambridge Accounting policies.
• Assist with quarterly budget reconciliations
• Maintain 3rd party vendor contracts and renewals as well as due diligence processes. Schedule and proactively initiate license and maintenance renewal purchases. Arrange with vendors to establish coterminous renewal dates for groups of licenses purchased at different times.
• Research and compare 3rd party products (cost, licensing, etc.) to support purchasing decisions.
• Track software licenses and maintenance schedules; initiate renewal of software licenses to ensure continuous coverage. Assist with tracking software license keys, installation files, expirations, and user allocations. Respond to requests for new software licenses from associates by determining pre-approved users and purchases, need for variance requests and justifications, availability of unused or under-utilized licenses, purchase options and volume discounts, budget impact. Use past software license usage to assist with future budget planning.
• Coordinate new hire on-boarding process and relocation requests by assisting in recruiting efforts related to scheduling and coordinating interviews, proctoring competency exams, process and tracking of candidate paperwork, and coordinating efforts with HR.
• Coordinate travel accommodations for associates within the department. Identify most economical travel itineraries, make reservations and purchase tickets, prepare schedules and reminders for travelers
• Primary liaison between IS and IT for technical requests related to hardware purchases, specific software licenses, or conference rooms needs
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.