Corteva Agriscience Production Shift Supervisor in Durant, Iowa
At Corteva Agriscience , you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Production Shift Supervisor position based in Durant, IA at our seed corn production facility. In this hands-on role, you will oversee shift operations to ensure safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost and morale targets are achieved. We seek a creative thinker who enjoys coaching, developing, and supporting employees to #GrowWhatMatters. Located in Durant, IA, our clean and safe facility, hosts a close team of diverse professionals that will welcome you like family. Since we value bringing the outside in as well as fostering inclusion and diversity, we strongly encourage innovative leaders from all industry backgrounds to apply! If you want to work at a fantastic, clean, safe facility that always provides amazing challenges and variety of work for you to tackle with a great team, then this is the place for you. What we do offers the opportunity for career growth and learning and goes way outside the box of widget manufacturing. Come join us during this exciting time as you grow your career with Corteva Agriscience, apply online today!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Review production schedules and allocate team members to complete schedules and ensure production expectations are met.
• Ensure employees are properly trained.
• Analyze and resolve problems or assist employees in resolving problems.
• Provide coaching and feedback to employees.
• Coordinate harvest activities such as preparation, husk sort operations, drying, shelling, etc.
• Be accountable for conditioning, sizing, treating, packaging, and warehousing operations on assigned shift.
• Monitor product quality and ensure activities meet the needs of the Quality and Rough Cut Capacity Plans.
• Develop and maintain good communication and rapport with plant personnel, employees from other Corteva plants or departments, growers, vendors, etc.
• Work with other leaders to coordinate workflow and resources between departments.
• Provide input for workforce planning and development, scheduling, and development of annual business plan.
• Complete and maintain appropriate records, documents, or reports.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• You are an operations leader who leads by example to motivate and inspire your team!
• You do an excellent job of building rapport and trust with your direct reports and colleagues!
• You have 3-5 years of leadership or supervisory experience in operations, warehousing, production, manufacturing, or related field.
• You have 3-5 years of coaching and feedback experience (including training and counseling others).
• You have a High School Diploma/GED or higher.
• You are able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization with your excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• When you see a problem, you view it as an opportunity to find and implement a solution!
• You are a flexible leader and are able to adjust to changing conditions, prioritize and manage work processes and your workforce.
• Charting data in Excel for analysis? No problem! You have strong computer skills that allow you to analyze and interpret data with a variety of tools.
• You like getting out of your office and into the Gemba – Chilly warehouse? Dusty field tours? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team!
• You always are willing to help out…Passing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague!
• You understand that the company’s viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet business needs during peak season.
Preferences - It Would Be Great If You Have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree.
• Agriculture knowledge/background.
• Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing Methodology experience.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs