Andersen Windows and Doors Supply Chain Planner in Dubuque, Iowa
The Supply Chain Planner role deploys the fundamental theories, principles, and concepts of supply chain, continuous improvement, and/or lean manufacturing. Performs routine assignments, yet understands how the role fits into the larger business process and can be effective in business processes outside the role's core tasks. Role is transactional, with remainder of time focused on continuous improvement. Continuous improvement expectations are troubleshooting within the tasks being performed, identification of opportunities to make tasks more effective and leading/driving small-scale change to improve the standard process.
- Role may be in the areas of planning, scheduling or inventory accuracy. Includes execution of processes, investigating discrepancies, developing corrective actions, with an understanding of business impacts of decisions.
- Coordinate procurement of material to match demands; communicate with suppliers our requirements and forecast.
- Drives continuous improvements on daily processes and tactical projects, including performing root cause analysis and drive corrective actions for problem across Supply Chain processes
- Develop, optimize and integrate detailed business schedules (supplier plans, replenishment models) in a lean environment, to achieve the business goals.
- Understand and communicate value steam and/or supply chain capacity and constraints
- Maintain relationships with internal and external business partners including suppliers, supervisors and team leads, logistics/warehouse groups and material planners
- Utilize lean tools and other business processes such as kanban, spike tools, 5Y, Plan-Do-Check-Act, value stream mapping and A3 thinking
- Communicate/present lean tool applications such as value stream and process mapping, kaizen and PDCA
- Typically a minimum of 3 years in lean manufacturing support environment.
- Advanced computer skills with experience in MS Office, ERP and Reporting systems
- Practical working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools such as pull systems, PDCA thinking, value stream mapping, process mapping, and kanban systems.
- Practical working knowledge of supply chain technologies (ERP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Warehouse Management Systems)
- Strong communication skills through written, verbal and listening, and presentation techniques; Effectively collaborate and works well with other
- Ability to understand customer needs, in detail, and consistently attend to meeting customer requirements
- Demonstrates urgency and takes responsibility for addressing critical roadblocks to achieving goals
- Strong aptitude in process improvement and problem solving
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-IA-Dubuque
Organization: Eagle Window & Door Manufacturing
Job Posting: Mar 16, 2021, 1:35:10 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 28090