Fiserv Technical Writer (MadCap Pro experience Required) in Des Moines, Iowa
What does a great Technical Writer do?
• Work as part of a larger team developing software and solutions that global financial institutions rely on to run their businesses.
• Work alongside software developers and QA analysts to deliver high-quality documentation that our clients need to use these critical business applications
• Using fundamental concepts and practices of technical documentation, update existing content deliverables and create some new deliverables based on customer needs.
• Work in MadCap Flare, Snagit, Microsoft Word, and other tools to produce deliverables in online and PDF formats.
• Work with subject matter experts to ensure concepts and functions are accurately documented, reviewed, and tested.
• Work with supervision in a collaborative environment, managing your time, prioritizing tasks, and working to meet a committed delivery date.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• A Bachelor's degree is required, and a degree in Technical Communications, English, Journalism, or equivalent discipline is strongly preferred.
• 3+ years of experience creating product documentation and software user assistance.
• Experience with MapCap Flare, RoboHelp, or another topic-based authoring tool.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Good organizational skills, able to multi-task, adapt to change, and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to work on a collaborative team.
• Advanced competence using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to develop product documentation, track projects, and develop presentations and simple illustrations.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies is preferred
• Experience documenting software delivered in the Cloud is preferred.
• Experience in the fields of financial services or banking is a plus.
Who We Are:
The Financial & Risk Management Solutions business (FRMS) at Fiserv helps financial institutions optimize their use of and return on capital by making risk actionable and transparent within their organizations. Solutions are offered in multiple delivery modes including software products, client-funded development, alliance services, consulting, ASP and hosted services.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
- Fiserv Jobs