Rose International INC SQL Server DBA in Des Moines, Iowa
Client Position Title: SQL Server DBA
Position Number: 318670
Location: Des Moines, IA
Desired Skill Set:
SQL, SQL DBA, SSIS, SSRS
SQL Server DBA/SSIS Developer
Start date: ASAP
End Date: 06/14/2020
Location: Des Moines, IA 50319
• Perform day-to-day operations (includes monitoring and maintenance, problem investigation and resolution, backup creation and maintenance, database optimization and tuning, etc.).
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Effectively prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Drive results and leverage past experiences to improve the environment and related processes.
• Coordinate with other agency departments to update and integrate processes as necessary.
• Demonstrate leadership skills (foster a spirit of teamwork, mentor peers, and take ownership of assigned project work).
• Install and configure SQL Server, applying service packs and feature packs.
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure integration and performance expectations are met as well as allow for future flexibility to meet changing business needs.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Stay current on technology and industry standards; work with leadership to develop strategic plans and roadmaps.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
• SQL Server DBA experience with 2012 or newer. [REQUIRED] 8 years
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) [REQUIRED] 8 years
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) [REQUIRED] 8 years
• SQL Server Stored Procedure Design and implementation [REQUIRED] 8 years
• SQL Server database troubleshooting and query optimization [REQUIRED] 8 years
• SQL Server Database Performance monitoring [REQUIRED] 8 years
• SQL Server Database Design [REQUIRED] 8 years
• Expert understanding of Database best practices [REQUIRED] 8 years
• Experience upgrading databases from lower to latest versions [REQUIRED] 6 years
• Strong technical and project management skills, as well as the willingness to engage in a hands-on way, to provide specific technical guidance and leadership - [REQUIRED] 6 years
• Strong written and verbal communication skills [REQUIRED] 6 years
• Data Warehousing concepts [REQUIRED] 3 years
• Operational automation using scripts (knowledge of Octopus Deploy and DbUp preferred). [REQUIRED] 2 years
• Familiarity with Agile (Scrum and/or Kanban) methodology [REQUIRED] 2 years
• Databases migration using Azure &/or AWS [Highly desired]
• Experience in performing DR techniques - Always On, Clustering, Replication, Database mirroring, etc. [Highly desired]#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)