Corteva Agriscience Software & Automation Engineer Co-op in Des Moines, Iowa
Corteva Agriscience is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics providing high-quality seeds to farmers around the world. We are seeking a software or computer engineering student with the capabilities to successfully complete an internship/co-op during the Spring and Summer of 2022 in the Des Moines metro area. The role of the Software and Automation Co-op is to deliver software solutions for equipment designed by our engineering teams.
As a member of the Seed Technology and lnnovation Engineering team, you will have opportunities to do the following:
· Work on a cross-functional project team to meet customer requirements and expectations.
· Develop, test, and maintain software solutions driven by a seasonal schedule.
· Develop an understanding of research field equipment and critical technology needs.
Qualifications: What will you bring to the table?
The following requirements MUST be met for consideration in this student employment program:
· Ability to work safely around common shop equipment.
· Demonstrated respect for the environment.
· Ability to work as a valued teammate with highest respect for all people.
· Work in a legal and ethical manner.
· Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an engineering accredited college or university
· Proven experience developing software in C#.NET or Java.
· Ability to work in the U.S. without restriction.
In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who possess the following core competencies:
· Knowledge of design patterns and N-Tiered architectures.
· Experience with CRUD database interaction.
· Understanding of synchronous programming concepts such as locking on shared resources, deadlock, and race conditions.
· Experience communicating with devices through serial communication, Modbus · TCP, or CAN protocol.
· IEC 61131 PLC Programming
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs