VMware Senior/Principal Software Developer in Test - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Des Moines, Iowa
VMWare Carbon Black is seeking smart, energetic, growth-oriented, and technically curious engineers to join our team and help us deliver high quality, cloud based endpoint protection for macOS and Linux operating systems!
The Carbon Black Cloud team is looking for a Senior or Principal level Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong programming skills to expand the automation coverage on the sensor side of our product offerings. As an SDET on a Scrum team, you will have the opportunity to design, implement, and extend automation frameworks as well as create test suites based on those frameworks. You will also be able to use programming skills as an integral part of the development team to fix bugs and work side by side with other engineers. If you are a technically curious programmer with a passion for testing this role will provide you ample opportunity to grow professionally and make a meaningful contribution.
What You’ll Do
· Build and expand test infrastructure and automated test suites for the sensors in our product suite
· Collaborate with developers to find and fix bugs in the source code of our products
· Work with manual testers to identify and automate cases that can be automated
· Tie tests into the continuous integration framework, managing, monitoring, and reporting on continuous and nightly test runs
What You’ll Bring
· Minimum 7 year experience in Quality Engineering with at least 3-5 years focusing on test automation and test framework development
· Strong experience with Python (Proficiency with C/C++ is a bonus)
· Strong technical test skills with a demonstrated track record of adopting and effectively using new tools and technologies
· Strong Mac and Linux skills, knowledge, and experience (including command line and shell/batch scripting)
· Kernel level testing/programming experience in a Mac and/or Linux environment a plus
· Jenkins Groovy programming is a plus
· Experience with performance testing and reporting client applications a plus
· Experience with source control management tools, preferably Git
· Experience with continuous integration technologies (Jenkins)
· Experience handling junit test result files and presenting testing feedback to the team
· Experience with test trend reporting tools such as Allure or ReportPortal
· Experience designing timely Test Strategies for multiple permutations of a product
· Experience with distributed enterprise level applications (client/server)
· Experience with network security, and general familiarity software security concepts, challenges, and paradigms a strong plus
· Experience working on an Agile team a strong plus
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs