Acxiom LLC Senior Infrastructure Architect (Remote) in Des Moines, Iowa
IT infrastructure architect leverages knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including Cloud computing, storage area networks, virtualization, server hardware, mainframe, operating systems, networking, business applications, and security infrastructure to help document, shape, and direct the technology road map for Acxiom and for our clients. Work directly with senior executives and leadership to identify and address technology gaps, strategic goals, and business imperatives impacted by infrastructure technologies. Suggest new technologies or new approaches to achieve business goals. Develop methodologies to integrate technology innovation with existing governance and enterprise architecture processes. Provide fully costed solution architecture to meet client and prospective client requests. Maintain and update documentation related to organization-wide IT activities and technology road maps. Communicate progress and direction through formal presentations, collaborative meetings, and content publishing to mixed audiences.
This role can be home-based almost anywhere in the U.S.
What you will do:
• Bring prior experience to organize and define work for complex or ambiguous situations
• Provide consultation, training, and knowledge sharing to associates
• Actively contribute to domain body of knowledge
• Support the creation and maintenance of reference architecture for Acxiom infrastructure solutions
• Support multiple projects delivery simultaneously
• Responsible for the infrastructure architecture of one or more client environments and are to be considered the subject matter expert for the entire environment within the data center
• Responsible for working with the client to obtain the solution requirements for the infrastructure
• Responsible for written design of the infrastructure solution that meets or exceeds the requirements utilizing a reference architecture
• Responsible for being the technical subject matter expert for the implementation and ensuring the implementation adheres to the proposed design
• Responsible for providing cost estimates for the solution implementation process and ongoing production support of the solution
• Engage in project communications with the client using a consultative approach, anticipates obstacles, and recommend solution options to mitigate
• Participate in the internal Architectural Review for solution proposals
• Ensure infrastructure solution design fulfills functional and technical requirements and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLA's)
• Closely partner with development and delivery partners to identify new capabilities and solutions for further assessment.
• Provide advanced technical expertise to support resolution of outages, service level issues and other events in partnership with support teams.
• Closely partner with information security in ensuring all applicable security and compliance standards and requirements are incorporated into solution design.
What you will need:
• Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; advanced degree can be considered in lieu to experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and work with peers to define appropriate IT solution.
• Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff.
What will set you apart:
• Understanding of the competitive IT landscape from both a business and technical perspective
• Experience with IaaS (conceptual and/or practical), including software defined
infrastructure (e.g., network, storage, etc.), defining service catalogs, etc.
• Experience with virtualization and cloud management technologies (e.g., VMware, KVM, OpenStack, etc.)
• Experience with external Cloud providers (ex. AWS)
• Understanding of or experience with ITILv3 and ITSM
• Experience with server hardware Vendors (e.g., Dell, IBM, Cisco), including rack-mount and blade servers
• Experience with storage hardware, file systems and protocols (e.g., EMC, IBM, NetApp, etc.)
• Experience with operating systems including Unix, Linux and Microsoft Windows
• Understanding of or experience with various network (including firewall and load balancers) and security technologies (e.g., Cisco, Palo Alto, A10, etc.
• Understanding of and/or experience with monitoring tools
Primary Location City/State:
Homebased - Conway, Arkansas
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics or other protected status.
Who is Acxiom?
We are leaders in helping brands achieve the number one mantra for every business – know your customer. For fifty years, we’ve helped marketers deal with a fast-changing future of growing channels, data and technology. By understanding the customer, marketers can communicate with relevance everywhere and drive better customer experiences that build a better brand and, in turn, better business.
We’re one of the marketing industry’s most experienced, respected and forward-thinking leaders. For nearly fifty years, we’ve helped the world’s best marketers understand their customers so that they can reach people with relevance rather than randomness. Our products and solutions form the data foundation that make it possible for marketers to drive better customer experiences and meaningful interactions at scale across every channel.
Our job opportunities will give you the opportunity to showcase your talents, grow your skills, and expose you to cutting-edge technologies, whether you’re an engineer, developer, products guru, systems and security expert, sales and consulting executive, or an intern looking to gain real experience with a company that will make you stand out.
At Acxiom, our values begin with our associates, who are the single most important driver of our success. We’re looking to hire people who share our core values: collaboration, excellence, innovation, a focus on outcomes, and being empowered to make and own decisions that benefit our clients and our company. Our values represent our brand promise – to our clients and to our associates – and define our company culture.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Acxiom and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our recruiting department at 1-877-314-2049.
Attention California Applicants: Please see our California Consumer Privacy Act notice here (http://www.interpublic.com/ccpa-privacy-notice/) .
Attention Colorado Applicants: This position is not located in Colorado but applications for remote work may be considered. For information about this role under CO Equal Pay Law, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We highly recommend you create an account to monitor your resume submissions. Click on the Sign In link above to create an account or sign up at the end of your application.
Interested in Acxiom? Learn about our Equal Opportunities, job postings, and more:
About Us (http://www.acxiom.com/about-acxiom/)
Follow Us on Twitter
Find Us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/AcxiomRecruiting)
- Acxiom LLC Jobs