Cargill Refinery Technician in Des Moines, Iowa
This full time position is located in Des Moines, IA; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 number in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill’s Food Ingredients and Bioindustrial business has about 22,000 employees across the world serving food and beverage manufacturers, foodservice companies, and retailers. Our expertise in processing agricultural commodities into high-quality ingredients gives us an edge in making products that satisfy consumers around the world. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Shift: Rotating 8 or 12-hour shifts
Compensation: $23.45/hr or $24.15?
A Typical Workday May Include:
• Loading/Unloading bulk vegetable oil into and from tank trucks and rail cars.
• Monitoring and controlling the various unit operations via the process control system.
• Performing quality checks on wastewater treatment plant and utility unit operations.
• Performing verification and validation tasks associated with online instruments and control systems
• Permit completion and coordination.
• Collecting product samples and supervising tank levels, utilizing computer systems to input and record data as necessary
• Manufacturing products to ensure that they meet specifications
• Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
• Cross-training in other positions for coverage when needed
• Troubleshooting and completing preventative maintenance tasks throughout the facility
• Operating mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, etc.
• Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
• Eligible to work in the United States without a visa sponsorship
• Be 18 years or older
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 55lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
• Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
What Will Put You Ahead:
• High school diploma/GED or a minimum of two years equivalent work experience
• Experience in production-related work
• Experience operating mobile equipment such as forklifts, skid-steers, etc.
• Experience with Boiler Operation
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs