CTG POS Software Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
Title: POS Software Engineer
Location: US-IA-Des Moines
Job Number: 18209913
POS Software Engineer working in a solution delivery scrum team following an agile delivery cadence with a primary focus on data and system integration within a secure, highly scalable, and predictable ecosystem.
Location: Des Moines, IA
Full Time Employee Position
· Enable system integration
· Pair with other team members to cross-pollinate ideas and skills
· Champion code quality, maintainability, and reliability
· Find and address performance issues
· Take features from conception to final production deployment
Required Skill, Knowledge, and Experience:
· Expert level knowledge of point of sale systems and software
· Production experience implementing RESTful APIs
· Production experience with a variety of data storage systems such as PostgreSQL, Mongo, and Elasticsearch
· Demonstrable grasp of software design patterns such as Singleton and Façade
· Demonstrable grasp of logical data modeling techniques (ex. entity relationship diagrams)
· Strong understanding of event-oriented software architectures
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Degree in a technical related subject
· Production experience with OAuth and Identity Provider integration
· Demonstrable knowledge of secure programming techniques
· Experience with using CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, and Drone
· Experience building cloud-native applications (kubernetes, docker swarm, etc.)
· Experience with test driven design and general automation
If interested, please email email@example.com for more information. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Programming & Application Development