Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Laboratory Assistant in Des Moines, Iowa
Laboratory Assistant- Des Moines IA Employee Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, Methods, and Local Policies.
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures, which meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory, and company requirements.
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures relevant to assigned duties.
- Adhere to all pertinent health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Assist in the daily assaying of samples. Perform testing from a daily work list.
- Set up batches of samples to weigh and weigh samples.
- Identify from samples assayed the need for rechecks.
- Prepare solutions used in the daily testing of designated samples.
- Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keep accurate records of work performed on a daily basis or as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
- Record test data and results for samples in logbook, record book or BookMaster and enter the data or results into eLIMS either manually or through automatic export in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean laboratory; clean work area and glassware used in analyses, dispose of hazardous wastes according to established procedures; assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Identify method/matrix/analytical difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Ensure that proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to non-employees except as approved in writing by the Laboratory Manager or appointed designate.
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
Responsive, independent problem solver and action oriented
Basic understanding of cGMP and ISO 17025 guidelines
Background in Science
Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday. We're currently looking for both first and second shift. First shift is 8:30AM - 5:00PM. Second shift is 4:00PM - 12:30AM. Candidates living within a commutable distance of Des Moines, IA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is an international life science company, which provides its customers from the industry and trade with comprehensive analysis and consultation services in the areas of food, environment, pharmaceuticals, product testing and agroscience. Eurofins Food North America offers a range of services for the safety determination, regulatory compliance, composition, authenticity and purity of raw material, ingredients and finished products. Our employees are the key to unlocking scientific expertise that shapes the global supply chain every day, come be a part of something bigger with Eurofins!
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Organization: Eurofins Scientific, Inc.
Location: IA, Des Moines
Job Code: 14720