EY Identity Engineer / Infrastructure Automation in Des Moines, Iowa
Identity Engineer / Infrastructure Automation
Core Business Services
Requisition # UNI00HBU
Post Date Mar 11, 2021
The Identity Engineer role in Identity Management Engineering delivers Identity solutions utilizing commercial off the shelf products and custom developed solutions. These solutions must take into account industry best practices as part of each design. Expertise in the integration of complex enterprise components will be necessary to support the products within the Identity and Access Management Services (IAMS) team. In addition to Identity Management Engineering, this role utilizes appropriate programming languages such as .NET framework, C# and PowerShell to develop new and or modify existing applications that will help integrate processes within Information Security (IS) and customer across other functional areas within EY. The role is for a Junior to Mid-level experienced engineer with exposure to infrastructure automation with complex PowerShell Script, and SQL backend batch script development experience. Additional experience/exposure to with Microsoft’s Identity Manager (MIM/FIM) Sync Engine, SailPoint and or any other Identity Management system is a plus.
The role is an individual contributor, though may be asked to manage project aligned teams in their collaborative efforts of the Identity Management Engineering team in complex directives.
The role is guided by the Team Lead for Identity Management Engineering in IAMS.
Your key responsibilities
Applying best practices, the candidate will integrate innovative technology solutions in support of the Identity and Access Management Service (IAMS). Vital to the technical engineering of these solutions will be a clear understanding of change management. This will include code and infrastructure release management, as well as the ability to work with project teams to deliver all activities required in the successful release of new or modified functionality within a complex environment. Keen attention to detail will be required to deliver secure solutions that meet business requirements and are operationally supportable by IAMS partner teams.
• Partners and collaborates within IAMS, and others in Information Security (IS) as application owners, as well as external vendors such as Microsoft as needed to understand, agree and plan the specific infrastructure enhancements and code modifications necessary to achieve the agreed deployment objectives.
• Works within Microsoft server environments to drive engineering and development across heterogeneous and in-house developed computing environments so that they collectively complete complex tasks within IAM aligned service applications.
• Perform development activities using a variety of computer programming languages such as C#, SQL SSIS Packages, Store Procedures and PowerShell to develop, modify and manage code aligned business rules that result from same.
• Good understanding of physical and logical data models, including system integration in relational SQL databases, MySQL, Active Directory, LDAP Directories, Unix, and Office 365.
• Creates or collaborate in the creation of visual mock-ups, prototypes and diagrams as well as performs or directs testing for compatibility in order to achieve an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies in IAM.
• Communicates all the ongoing activities and results to business sponsors, stakeholders as well as management as part of knowledge sharing and reporting.
• Maintains a proactive approach to learning about IAM align components within the Information Security (IS) infrastructure such as MS SQL, T-SQL, Store Procedures, the Active Directory technical environment Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
• The role requires strong analytical acumen and solution orientation to understand the nuances of assigned engineering and development activities across geographic regions, IT server environments or operating systems and to solution within same as well as to guide and plan appropriate solutions.
• The role also requires consultative questioning, influence management and critical thinking skills to understand a current directive and recommend and design viable web development solutions that are both cost effective and supporting the value to the business.
Skills and attributes for success
• Maintains solid interpersonal skills to engage with others including senior executives of the firm, in cross business discussions within a matrixed, geographically dispersed organization and to build a solid network of peers and others of influence.
• Adapts personal communication style to the style of others, develops rapport, stay calm under pressure and escalating issues using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
• Manifests a strong analytical and problem-solving ability to escalate and negotiate complex and conflicting IAM or Information Security (IS) aligned development issues, handle multiple and shifting IAM priorities across a broad spectrum of operating or server environments and drive solutions that are both financially sound and operationally feasible.
• Develops an in depth and continuous understanding of EY’s business and the way IAMS teams adds to the effectiveness of the EY business.
• Exposure to any identity management tools like MIM, Oracle OIM, SailPoint, etc. is a plus.
• Maintains advanced and continuous knowledge of the remediation and implementation the aforementioned technologies.
• The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to support multiple demands and escalating issues and could be asked to travel to support planned project activities and collaboration.
• The role may require a flexible work schedule to meet project deliverables over periods such as evenings, weekends, and public holidays. Participation in an on-call schedule is also a necessary part of the engineering role.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• College degree in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc.) or comparable job experiences
• Approximately 2 to 5 years of experience in an Identity Management engineering / developer role. Able to exhibit a progression of increasingly complex job responsibilities during the period inclusive of project management skills, web development understanding and application remediation techniques as well as project planning and implementation.
• Approximately 2 years of related system integration support experience
• Approximately 2 years of writing complex stored procedures in Microsoft SQL servers or mySQL
• Clear understanding of PowerShell applications, multiprocessing and data manupulation techniques.
• Clear understanding of DevOps/WinOps methodologies
• Thorough understanding of Secure Code compliance
• Experience in using Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process improvement frameworks
Ideally, you’ll also have
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Knowledgeable on how to integrate and utilized PowerBI or similar application
• Other vaulable experience includes Hitachi Password Manager and RSA.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with Flex EY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs