UnityPoint Health Facilities II-Plant Operations-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
This position under a First Class Engineer’s supervision, will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations, installation, inspection, preventive maintenance, routine maintenance and repairs of, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical equipment, i.e., steam boilers, all HVAC systems, all refrigeration systems, emergency generators, cogeneration equipment, utility distribution systems, all chilled water equipment, building automation systems, pneumatic tube system, buildings, plumbing, sanitary, medical gasses, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, nurse call systems and audiovisual equipment televisions. Completion of this work will contribute positively to the safety, health and comfort of the patients, visitors and employees of UnityPoint Health – Des Moines.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on mechanical and electrical equipment, i.e., steam boilers, all HVAC systems, all refrigeration systems, emergency generators, cogeneration equipment, utility distribution systems, all chilled water equipment, hot water heating systems, building automation systems, pneumatic tube system, buildings, plumbing, sanitary, medical gasses, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, nurse call systems and audiovisual equipment (televisions, VCR’s, etc.), medical equipment such as patient beds, wheeled stretchers, wheelchairs, exercise equipment.
• Performs minor repairs on buildings, cabinet hardware, plumbing, electrical and mechanical items.
• Has knowledge of building sprinkler and fire alarm systems.
• Installs new electrical and mechanical equipment as necessary.
• Displays considerable initiative and judgment involved in determining extent of repairs as may be required on all equipment and buildings selecting appropriate materials, and utilizing the most effective methods, techniques and procedures when required to complete job assignments.
• Cooperates with Facilities Manager and Supervisor and other employees to maintain equipment, parts and supplies. Makes recommendations to Facilities Manager and Supervisor regarding desired changes in operation and maintenance procedures.
• Keeps informed through periodicals, books, training seminars, on-the-job training and other sources and participates in approved training programs to further job knowledge.
• Records time of day, date, hours and/or minutes and materials expended on jobs and maintains files of pertinent records on machinery and equipment through the TMA equipment/work order database.
• Observes and practices accepted procedures in the care and use of equipment and tools. Observes safety regulations and practices.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent. Completion of a trade school course or trade apprenticeship program is desirable but not required.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years' experience in industrial or commercial maintenance. Must be familiar with plant operating techniques as applied to systems and equipment. Hospital experience preferred.
License/Certification(s): Valid Driver's License when driving any vehicle for work related reasons. Second Class Engineer license at time of employment or must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment. CHF Tech Certification preferred.
Requisition ID: 2021-94843
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Plant Operations- Meth
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 700a-330p; 40 hrs/wk
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org