Karl Chevrolet Engine Machinist in Des Moines, Iowa
Our Automotive Machinist will setup and operate production equipment used to enhance and repair automotive engines to required specs and tolerances. Ability to operate engine dyno for engine rebuilds and support engine rebuild department as needed.
• Operate a variety of machines in the shop which include: lathes, saws, shears, brakes, drill presses, grinders, and miscellaneous hand tools.
• Disassemble and clean parts, read job specs to determine machine adjustments and requirements.
• Use precision measuring instruments including gauges, calipers and micrometers to accurately measure components and finished parts.
• Tune carburetors and fuel injection systems
• Basic knowledge of machines and mechanical ability to assemble heads and balance cranks.
• Remove burrs, sharp edges, and imperfections from work pieces.
• Occasional engine assembly.
• Performs minor machine maintenance such as cleaning and lubrication of machines.
What we're looking for:
• High school or GED required. Prefer precision tooling degree with one year of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be familiar with basic machine shop equipment.
• Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
• Must be able to read blueprints and use precision measuring tools.
• Must work safely following established safety policies and procedures
• Must work well in a team oriented environment and be open minded
Must have an automotive background
We offer an aggressive pay plan and a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K plan with a match, paid vacation as well as additional voluntary benefits.
Karl Chevrolet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.