Wells Fargo DevOps Senior Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
This position will support the Home Lending Technology applications within the Wells Fargo Consumer Lending Technology Group. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer and change agent who leads by example with engineering mindset and Automation First approach.
The Solutions Engineering team drives the delivery of Applications, and Microservices, Private and Public cloud, SQL and NO-SQL Database infrastructure, Event Streaming infrastructure, and AIML infrastructure to facilitate the running of Home Lending applications. The team is actively involved in improving efficiencies with automation and software solutions through collaborative efforts with other groups within Wells Fargo. We are often involved in leading-edge use cases of the technology and business transformation of the product and work towards automated solutions for both infrastructure and the application.
Senior DevOps Engineer responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following:
• Automating and maintaining the delivery of Internal developed Microservices, SaaS Application hosted in private and public cloud. This includes automation of infrastructures, application deployments, maintenance, and compliances.
• DevOps practices including CI/CD, automation, infrastructure orchestration, and cloud service delivery.
• Development, configuration, and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines to facilitate rapid deployment and testing of code.
• Support and automate system compliance against federal compliance frameworks
• Automate and manage different types of infrastructure services via APIs
• Taking the lead on new projects and initiatives, driving them to completion within required deadlines
• Collaborate with Product and other Solutions Engineering Teams to help design and develop deployment automation capabilities for new cloud services offerings.
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to junior team members.
• Troubleshooting issues across the entire application stack
• Performing in-depth research and identify sources of production issues
7+ years of software engineering experience
7+ years of Java experience
7+ years of DevOps experience
An industry-standard technology certification
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
Knowledge or experience of containerization related management stacks with Docker, Swarm or Kubernetes
Knowledge and understanding of issues or change management processes
Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Other Desired Qualifications
• Experience working with CICD tools and scripting
• Experience working with source management tools like GitHub
• Experience working with automation deployment tools like Jenkins
• Experience working with Configuration management tools like Ansible
• Experience working with automating infrastructure and application deployments
• Experience working with monitoring and logging services
• Experience working with Cloud platform; Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Experience working with Microservices architecture and event streaming architecture
• Experience working in an Agile product environment with scrum ceremonies (Product Discovery, Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews)
• Control application log collection and analysis experience
• Experience measuring everything related to Development Operations
• Automated Developer onboarding and access provisioning processes experience
• Ability to conduct thorough investigations, including a deep dive, into reliability and scaling issues from both a code and infrastructure perspective
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Company: Wells Fargo
Req Number: 5571192-4
Updated: 2021-04-10 01:09:01.419 UTC
Location: Des Moines,IA
- Wells Fargo Jobs