Rose International INC Cyber Security Analyst in Des Moines, Iowa
Client Position Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Position Number: 318669
Location: Des Moines, IA
Desired Skill Set:
cyber security, Intrusion Detection, Network Administration
C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Cyber Security Analyst
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 06/28/2020
Location: Des Moines, IA 50319
Shift: 2nd Shift – 4:00 pm – 12:00 am (midnight)
The Security Analyst (SA) has an understanding of all aspects of computer and network security, including such areas as firewall administration, encryption technologies and network protocols
• Provide security monitoring and response for Security Operations Center (SOC).
• Monitor, analyze, and respond to events, alerts and incidents reporting supporting client IT systems and taking appropriate action to protecting IT assets potential incidents and threats.
• Document and report changes, trends and implications concerning the design and integration of evolving
• Cyber-security tools, systems and solutions.
• Follow SOC processes and provide support to Security Engineers and internal support staff during alerts, events and incidents.
• Submit new and update events in SOC ticketing system.
• Provide phone and email support to internal agencies and participating partners during cyber-security alerts, events and incidents.
• Provide off-hours and ad-hoc shift support as needed.
• Manage, configure and support SOC video screens and systems.
• Process and share information with other client security teams and partners.
• Provide feedback to SOC management and security engineers on existing and new use event cases.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology and tools.
• Provide support for 1st tier Security Operation Center (SOC) Analyst in troubleshooting cyber-security events, alerts and incidents reporting to the SOC.
• Follow detailed operational processes and procedures to analyze, escalate, and support the remediation of critical information security incidents.
• Assist with metrics, reporting, and other SOC communications.
• Provide support for incidents up to the preliminary forensics processes.
• Information security experience
• Previous experience in security operations center (plus)
• Provide timely detection, identification, and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities and misuse
• Validate Intrusion Detection System (IDS) alerts against network traffic using packet analysis tools
• Triage malware
• Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems
• Experience using Microsoft office, Google Suite, (SQL, PowerShell, or scripting experience is a plus)#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)