TEKsystems Cloud Security Engineer/Specialist in Des Moines, Iowa
In tandem with security leadership, cloud security engineers consistently assess the threat landscape and adapt quickly to protect the business from risk. They must be highly technical and possesses at least 3-5+ years’ experience in security and systems administration across a wide variety of cloud infrastructure, including software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS). They are also expected to have a strong work ethic, leverage analytical and critical thinking, and be skillful at meeting change requests at a moment’s notice. Because the role often interfaces with other business units, strong listening and communication skills are expected.
• Develop and maintain secure, resilient enterprise-grade cloud processes in tandem with architects and system engineers.
• Secure business applications and computing environments across public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
• Protect business applications in compliance with privacy, security, business resiliency and compliance frameworks as defined in corporate policies.
• Maintain a consistent, secure environment using configuration management solutions (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.). Conduct rigorous oversight of security systems and security configuration administration to reduce risk to enterprise systems and accounts.
• Deploy strong identity and access management (IDAM) controls across applications and computing environments.
• Assist with development, maintenance and utilization of scripts (e.g., Python, Ruby, etc.) to support custom extract, transform load (ETL) tools with a security focus for data flow.
• Attend regular technical project and implementation meetings, and serve as the security consultant to help guide secure application and infrastructure configurations.
• Actively monitor, assess and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats posing risk to cloud computing environments.
• Manage remediation efforts after security assessment findings outline weaknesses requiring attention.
• Document, formulate and enforce areas of security improvement that balance risk with business operations and do not diminish efficiencies or innovation.
• Assist in maintaining strong oversight with cloud computing vendors and solution providers to safeguard against undue risk presented by external entities. Escalate to security management and business unit leads when points of weakness are discovered.
• Stay apprised of current and proposed security changes impacting regulatory, privacy and security industry best practice guidance. Apply learned knowledge across key lines of business, including products, practices and procedures.
• Act as a key figure in incident response to track occurrence and resolution, with strict documentation and reporting as well as engagement with security operations and incident response teams.
• Attend and fully engage in change and project management meetings.
Perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in cybersecurity as a practitioner and with at least 1-2+ years exposure with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or VMware.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Strong Linux and Windows support skills.
• Familiarity with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet and Salt.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs