Hy-Vee Food Stores Central Fill Pharmacy Systems Maintenance Technician - Full Time in Des Moines, Iowa
5820 Westown Parkway
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
Central Fill Pharmacy Systems Maintenance Technician
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
Diagnose problems and perform preventative maintenance repairs and replacements on equipment, including but not limited to computers, electrical motors, hydraulics, HVAC, refrigeration, and energy.
Accountable and Reports to (Job Title): AVP, Pharmacy Services
Positions that Report to you (Job Title): None
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FREQUENCY:
Ability to maintain and operate a wide range of equipment, including but not limited to computers, electrical motors, hydraulics, HVAC, refrigeration, and energy.
Services and performs repairs as necessary.
Inspects and performs preventative maintenance.
Works with staff to address operations and training issues.
Obtains and maintains EPA certification.
Performs work under OSHA safe standards and HIPAA requirements.
Obtains ongoing education and training to remain in compliance with OSHA standards.
Maintains service work records.
Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours and is available on call.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (These are considered occasional in nature)
Provides documentation of necessary maintenance and repairs.
Orders parts and monitors expenses.
Complies with policies, standard operating procedures (SOP's)
As needed, performs the responsibilities and functions of a pharmacy support person.
Communicates staffing issues not performing to the level of expectation, to the AVP, Pharmacy Services.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
The candidate should have the following skills and abilities. Each of these skills is essential to insure immediate capability. Missing skills can be learned on the job, but will reduce the candidate's immediate effectiveness.
· Some PC programming knowledge
· Troubleshooting PC based systems
· Ability to configure computer hardware and software
· Use of Internet and the Web to obtain vendor data
· Use of mechanics tools
· Use of electrical tools and test equipment
· Read electrical schematics
· Measure voltage and current accurately and safely
· Work with 460, 220, 120 VAC and 24 volt DC circuits
· Safely replace high voltage fuses
- Manage and maintain spare parts inventory
· Work with control circuits and devices, including photo eyes, solenoid valves, limit switches, indicating lights and safety switches
· Align bearings, shafts, and drives.
· Adjust tensions of belts and chains.
· Identify worn or damaged parts and replace them.
· Develop an overall maintenance schedule based on the requirements of each device.
· Lubricate, oil, and clean devices as specified in their maintenance manuals.
· Work with pneumatic circuits involving cylinders and solenoid valves.
· Maintain printers.
The duties of this position are performed in a production setting; there is exposure to dirt, noise, temperature extremes, dampness, vibrations, equipment, movement hazards, dangerous chemicals or solvents, and electrical shock. There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a day. *Frequently will receive repair requests in times other than normal working hours and must be available on an on-call basis.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Electrical Power Components
· Motor starters
· Motor overload devices
· Programmable logic computers (PLC's)
· Wiring drawings
· High voltage (480 vac) electric cabinets
· Induction motors
· Serial communication equipment RS 232/485
· Computer network devices and cabling
· Computer peripheral device connector tools and standards
· Bar Code Scanners
· Radio Frequency Identification Devices
· Laser Printers
· Thermal Printers
Conveyors and Related Mechanical Equipment
· Pneumatic devices such as cylinders and solenoids
· Pneumatic connection including tubing and actuators
· Belt and chain drives
Will be involved with confidential information, requiring HIPAA certification.
Parts suppliers and other personnel.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Additional education, training or broad technical background required, i.e. electrician or maintenance technician
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
Three to five years in similar or work-related experience.
I understand that this pharmacy handles and prepares hazardous drugs. The USP 800 is intended to ensure that personnel of reproductive capability understand the risks of handling hazardous drugs. Accordingly, I acknowledge that exposure to hazardous drugs may cause acute and chronic effects. Failure to follow pharmacy policies and procedures may put me at greater risk of exposure to hazardous drugs.