Belcan Senior Software Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Senior Software Engineer
Job Number: 285927
Description: A Senior Software Engineer (Direct Hire) job in Davenport, IA is available through Belcan.
Belcan is seeking a seeking a Senior Software Engineer for software process and configuration management for aerospace life support and air-to-air refueling equipment. As a key part of a growing organization in both commercial and defense aerospace markets, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to support design and manufacture of company industry-leading, mission-critical products and test equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assess and improve software development and configuration management processes.
• Manage and control software elements and configurations over the product lifecycle, including product development.
• Administer and improve process for Software Problem Reports.
• Prepare for and support Stages of Involvement (SOI) audits to show compliance to processes.
• Ensure configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations and system updates.
• Develop complex configuration analysis plans to encompass contractual requirements.
• Develop and maintain software configuration management database.
• Coordinate with internal and external customers to determine a process for change reporting.
• Prepare written or electronic records of part design change documents.
• Prepare or provide input to engineering analyses, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, and briefings.
• Authorize the release of software changes specified by Program Management and other functional groups
• B.S. degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• 5 or more years of experience with aerospace product development.
• Experience managing multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
• Experience with Military and DO software standards, such as DO-178 and MIL-STD-498.
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Strong oral and written communication skills for effective interface with engineers, management, suppliers, customers, and generation of documentation.
• Demonstrated experience with FAA Conformity and Certification (14 CFR Part 25).
• Demonstrated experience with DoD Air Worthiness (MIL-STD-516).
• Demonstrated experience with DOORS requirements management software a plus
Location: Davenport , IA
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart