Cobham Mission Buyer III in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Buyer III. The selected individual will manage day to day procurement activities including internal and vendor communications; negotiating schedule and delivery changes with vendors. This position is for future opportunities and located in Davenport, IA.
- Ensure procurement activity is undertaken in line with defined Cobham processes and agreements.
- Issue purchase orders directed by purchase requisition from planner or MRP action message and in accordance with planned inventory strategies.
- Continually strives to identify opportunities to simplify, standardize and improve processes.
- Escalation point for advanced customer queries.
- Initiates new vendor set-up requests.
- Amends or closes Purchase Orders.
- Perform approved one-off exception purchases, negotiate final pricing terms, and select suppliers based on singular demand.
- Utilizes and supports generation of data analytics, forecast demand, and identify baselines for purchasing that meet prioritized business requirements.
- Manage supplier communications, including sourcing event invitations, issue resolution, pricing terms negotiations, and contracting.
- Deliver cost savings, payment channel compliance and supplier optimization.
- Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities.
- Execute sourcing events, evaluate results, communicate with suppliers on quotes, interface with contracting, and enable updates in ERP systems.
- Receive, analyze, and resolve supplier inquiries, disputes, and payment discrepancies.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations and/or Supply Chain.
- 5+ years of experience working in a supply chain organization.
- 5+ years of experience influencing and or negotiating.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Technical knowledge of commodities being managed.
- Supplier Relationship management experience.
- APICS and/or ISM affiliation desired; certification preferred (CPIM, CPSM);Certification in Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) and Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Procurement
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems
Job Posting: 31-Aug-2020, 8:34:46 AM
Recruiter: Mark Whalen
Req ID: 287276